Confirm Security Exception Button Doesn't Work - Firefox 3

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
shutout2730

Confirm Security Exception Button Doesn't Work - Firefox 3

Post by shutout2730 »

System Info:
Windows XP Service Pack 2
Firefox 3.0.6

I have Googled this for hours, and all that turns up are a bunch of Ubuntu bugs reports, and posts of others having the same problem, but no solution. My apologies in advance if the solution is posted somewhere and I simply can't find it.

I am attempting to access a page that uses an invalid security certificate. I get the expected Invalid Certificate warning message, then click Add Exception >> Get Certificate >> Confirm Security Exception. Everything seems to be going OK until the last click. The Confirm Security Exception button does absolutely nothing. The dialog box stays up, and the screen does not change. When I close the dialog box and refresh my page, I still get the same warning.

Here is a brief 1 minute youtube video of the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WatBXY5CxO0

How do I get to my page?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. The URL of the page I am attempting to access is https://clients.x10hosting.com/sumitticket.php, but the same behavior can be observed for any page that uses an invalid certificate.

Note that I have disabled ALL my add-ons since I know they can sometimes cause strange behavior. This did not help.

- Bill
Bluefang

Re: Confirm Security Exception Button Doesn't Work - Firefox 3

Post by Bluefang »

Try deleting the cert_override.txt and cert8.db from your profile folder. Then restart Firefox.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
shutout2730

Re: Confirm Security Exception Button Doesn't Work - Firefox 3

Post by shutout2730 »

You're a genius. Thank you so much. *Problem solved.*

(Note that cert_override.txt did not exist, so I just deleted cert8.db.)

Thanks,
Bill
freaker775

Re: Confirm Security Exception Button Doesn't Work - Firefox

Post by freaker775 »

PERFECT! THANKS!