Firebird Icon

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
SushiFugu

Post by SushiFugu »

The Thunderbird icons remind me of the "Intel Inside" logos ;)

Good work, I like'em all
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030728 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1
Alex Selkirk

Post by Alex Selkirk »

These icons are fantastic!

I just installed as I reformatted my drive and I wanted something new and these did just the trick. Nice to see we have a little variety in icons. They're easily described as minimalistic, which is the theme of my life and desktop.

Thanks,
Alex
wheerdam

Post by wheerdam »

Arrrrgghhh!!! I LIKE THEM!!!

So... elegant... using those now... :)
I'm weird, damn
cca93014

Post by cca93014 »

I agree - the icons are excellent. I'd happily vote for them to supercede the current build icons...
"All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

cca93014 wrote:I'd happily vote for them to supercede the current build icons...

I don't think that's ever gonna happen: remember that Firebird is going to replace the browser part of Mozilla, thus becoming Mozilla Browser, which is represented by the lizard...
..::XF::..
cca93014

Post by cca93014 »

In that case they should replace the Mozilla icon. It's crap. This one is much better ;)
"All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks
wheerdam

Post by wheerdam »

I have no objection with lizard icons... but they ought to make a new one! :)
I'm weird, damn
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

XF wrote:I don't think that's ever gonna happen: remember that Firebird is going to replace the browser part of Mozilla, thus becoming Mozilla Browser, which is represented by the lizard...

I think Asa said that as of right now, there is no logo or icon representing the Mozilla Suite. The lizard was pulled a long time ago but still remains as the icon.
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

hao2lian wrote:
XF wrote:I don't think that's ever gonna happen: remember that Firebird is going to replace the browser part of Mozilla, thus becoming Mozilla Browser, which is represented by the lizard...

I think Asa said that as of right now, there is no logo or icon representing the Mozilla Suite. The lizard was pulled a long time ago but still remains as the icon.

Right... what I meant was that Firebird is going to keep the mozilla icon, whathever it'll be... a newer one would be nice BTW...
..::XF::..
AkiAki007

Post by AkiAki007 »

I personally use the Phoneity Icon Set from www.phoenity.com
synaptic revolt

Post by synaptic revolt »

I miss the old blue gecko icon. I've taken to keeping an old mozilla.exe file around so I can change the phoenix (yeah, I know) icon.
sj26

Post by sj26 »

thankyou for the compliments, and i just made this because it fits in better with windows in it's entirity - it's nice and clean and minimalistic - which is just like my desktop (apart from all the stuff cluttered on it :!:)

but yeah, kudos to the firebird team for their hard work - keep it up and hopefully firebird will fly into the spotlight so everyone realises how much better than a certain *cough* m$ *cough* product it really is ;)
Image is Image
munch

Post by munch »

does anyone know how to change the application icon for phoenix.exe. I want to create an installer and want to change the icon that appears in the directory.

Thanks
nilson

Post by nilson »

You'd have to use a resource hacker. Google for "res hacker".
tolremeno

Post by tolremeno »

yeah, i guess it's time that mozilla's icons could get a face lift. if they're planning on mainstreaming mz after fb mates with it then the icon needs to look more appealing. esp in the quicklaunch bar the current icon is rather unattractive.
tolremeno - still a *bird lover