deleting bookmarks

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

vanessa666

deleting bookmarks

Post by vanessa666 »

how do i delete bookmarks from camino,i have a mac.
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: deleting bookmarks

Post by cflawson »

You can manage bookmarks in any way you wish by going to Bookmarks -> Show Bookmark Manager .

cl
vanessa666

BOOKMARKS

Post by vanessa666 »

HOW DO I DELETE BOOKMARKS OFF MY MAC FROM CAMINO
krmathis

Re: BOOKMARKS

Post by krmathis »

Using the Bookmarks Manager, access using "Bookmarks -> Show Bookmarks Manager", about:bookmarks, or Command+b
Just like in any other Mac web browser...
herbs

Post by herbs »

Howdy,

And why are you SHOUTING?

Good Luck,
Herb Schulz
Good Luck,
Herb Schulz
krmathis

Post by krmathis »

..and you asked the same question just a week ago. ;)
Which was answered back then

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2137913
Joan Campbell

Post by Joan Campbell »

krmathis wrote:..and you asked the same question just a week ago. ;)
Which was answered back then

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2137913">viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2137913</a><!-- l -->
Exactly my question. And no, it hasn't been answered. After I open Bookmark Manager and go to the item I wish to delete, what must I do? As soon as I try to highlight it, it proceeds to open!
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

And you're only clicking on the item once? It sounds like you're double-clicking on it.

cl
Joan Campbell

Post by Joan Campbell »

cflawson wrote:And you're only clicking on the item once? It sounds like you're double-clicking on it.

cl

Unfortunately no. A SINGLE click takes me right to the site. That's the problem. Any other suggestions?
JC
cleanhead

Post by cleanhead »

Two suggestions: Press the control key when you click on a bookmark in the Bookmark Manager. A popup menu should open that includes an option to delete that item. Or simply navigate through your bookmarks using the up and down arrows on your keyboard. Then you can delete the selected bookmark using the delete key.
Joan Campbell

Post by Joan Campbell »

cleanhead wrote:Two suggestions: Press the control key when you click on a bookmark in the Bookmark Manager. A popup menu should open that includes an option to delete that item. Or simply navigate through your bookmarks using the up and down arrows on your keyboard. Then you can delete the selected bookmark using the delete key.

Thanks, but these tips work fine to delight items in my menu bar but sadly not at all where I really need to tidy my bookmarks, ie, in my much-used lists under the bookmark bar item "Favorite Places."

If you have no further ideas, is there anyone at Camino to whom I can appeal for help? (I'm new to the forum...To now I've had no problems with Camino.)
JC
Joan Campbell

Post by Joan Campbell »

Joan Campbell wrote:
cleanhead wrote:Two suggestions: Press the control key when you click on a bookmark in the Bookmark Manager. A popup menu should open that includes an option to delete that item. Or simply navigate through your bookmarks using the up and down arrows on your keyboard. Then you can delete the selected bookmark using the delete key.

Thanks, but these tips work fine to delight items in my menu bar but sadly not at all where I really need to tidy my bookmarks, ie, in my much-used lists under the bookmark bar item "Favorite Places."

If you have no further ideas, is there anyone at Camino to whom I can appeal for help? (I'm new to the forum...To now I've had no problems with Camino.)
JC
Problem solved! I exported my Camino bookmarks to Safari and am finding I can delete unwanted ones without difficulty. Hurrah!

But I still would like to know why I'm having difficulty deleting them in Camino...
JC
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

When you're trying to delete items, you've first opened the Bookmark Manager (Cmd-B) and selected the Bookmark Bar in the Collections column, right?

(Note that exporting bookmarks to Safari is lossy; Safari doesn't support tab groups, bookmark shortcuts, or descriptions, so all of these things will be lost once you export to Safari.)
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
Joan Campbell

Post by Joan Campbell »

Uncle Asad wrote:When you're trying to delete items, you've first opened the Bookmark Manager (Cmd-B) and selected the Bookmark Bar in the Collections column, right?

(Note that exporting bookmarks to Safari is lossy; Safari doesn't support tab groups, bookmark shortcuts, or descriptions, so all of these things will be lost once you export to Safari.)

That does it! Thanks! I much prefer Camino to Safari and am so glad I can keep on using it. Still don't understand why opening the Bookmark Manager in this way works, while using the option of showing it under Bookmarks doesn't, but who cares: Problem solved...
Cheers, Joan