Aurora 10.0a2 - NOT loading tabs on restart

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Lunar

Aurora 10.0a2 - NOT loading tabs on restart

Post by Lunar »

I've noticed and it's p*ssing me off, that when I restart Aurora since 10.0a2 - All of a2, the tabs are NOT loading.
Let's say I have 3 windows with 6 to 20 tabs in each window.
The tab that is in front (has focus) loads.
All the other tabs 'Appear' to load, but are only 'favicons' and if I click on the other tabs, they are still 'loading'.. If I click stop or 'esc' to stop load and then reload of f5, they are out to lunch and the tabs are taking FOREver to load, If they actually load.

What's up?

Landis
'Microsucks' made me nuts, Linux is making me crazy...
...at least with Linux, I can afford the therapy.. : )
openSuSE | KDE | enlightenment | mozilla Aurora 55 / Nightly 106 Konqueror /Opera/ Aurora Dev Ed | Now, down to Firefox 45 52 ESR as the 'new' direction... sxxxs!
Lunar

Re: Aurora 10.0a2 - NOT loading tabs on restart

Post by Lunar »

it's Never finishing loading the tabs. Even if I go to each one and Stop / re-Load they just don't finish... NOT my internet connection, but it might be this F*ded up version of openSuSE 11.4 with an even More F*ed up KDE....
These programmers are becoming little girls and everything has to be all 'warm and fuzzy' and Nothing Works!@
just an example, screenshot

Landis.
openSuSE | KDE | enlightenment | mozilla Aurora 55 / Nightly 106 Konqueror /Opera/ Aurora Dev Ed | Now, down to Firefox 45 52 ESR as the 'new' direction... sxxxs!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I've noticed, that if a page, any page has even a momentary lag, it will hang and Mozilla (Aurora) will NOT move on to the next tab..
If I stop, reload or not or just close the tab (any unloaded tab), the next (rest) will continue (resume loading).

Landis.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Grow up and get off your high horse and try the standard diagnostics
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diag ... Firefox%29
Nobody is forcing you to use a pre release build and you certainly don't add anything to the development process other than a bad attitude and incompetence
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

the hang seems to be the Great Satan Google.. They Suck at EVERYTHING!
When the 'hanging' page is trying to load something like stats or counters in the background and can't connect to that site. The page 'appears' loaded, but the background stuff (loading stats etc) is holding up Aurora from moving on to the next tab.

The main offender seems to be //google/analytics..... something site....
What ever. Does Not matter the site, just if the page on a tab is 'held up' for Any reason, the following tabs will Not load and eventually fail, but you'll not know it from looking at the tabs because the 'favicons' are loaded and there is NO indication that page is not...

Landis.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

malliz wrote:Grow up and get off your high horse and try the standard diagnostics
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diag ... Firefox%29

.... I like it up here on my 'high horse'..
I have not 'theme' or offending add-ons..
..but just to show I can be helpful (not counting the bugzilla reports), i will go thru you list step by step...

P.S.... I was just venting... Unless you've coded this error on purpose, you should not take it personally... : )

Landis.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

All you do is "vent" here. Guess what? We don't care and we don't need your crappy attitude
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

if i 'hurts your feelings' .....

Aurora is 'hanging' and not allowing other tabs to load.
these are a couple of the elements in a page (tab) that will cause it to 'hang' and Not allow the next tab to even begin loading.

google.anyalis... something
googleeads.g.doubleclick.net
etc..
Landis.
p.s.... https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=705494
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Did you at least try a new profile? Since your bug does not include anything like a general idea when the "bug" appeared it won't be moved from that vast wasteland that is "New".
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
mikedl

Post by mikedl »

I dunno, given his sig (a political one: "Defending the Right, because the Left is Wrong!") maybe Landis watched something on Rupert Murdoch's network that set him off?
"It may be that there are true demonstrations; but this is not certain. Thus, this proves nothing else but that it is not certain that all is uncertain, to the glory of skepticism." Pascal's Pensées
pal-moz

Post by pal-moz »

[Desktop] Windows 7 Professional (32bit/SP1) / Geforce GTX 660Ti 2GB (350.12) / 4GB RAM
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Meh, I block all of those fun Google data miners in AdBlock. I've encountered a handful of sites that don't work properly with these blocked, but whatever.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

LoudNoise wrote:Did you at least try a new profile?

yes.. same with new basic profile.

It seems to be, again, anytime a page is trying to load on of the thousand useless ad or statistic sites as I mentioned.

Landis.
p.s., the pages using the away from domain sites I listed earlier, I closed and the loading of the rest of the tabs is much better.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Meh, I block all of those fun Google data miners in AdBlock. I've encountered a handful of sites that don't work properly with these blocked, but whatever.

that's a very good idea, with one draw back.. you wont get a true 'picture' of how the browser acts with different elements. Just like when you design a page (site) you should (i do) check it in mozilla, Linux, Mac and yes even Microsucks internet exploder... Just so you know what 'the world' sees.

: )
But... Still a good suggestion,
Спасибо,
Landis.
p.s., 'mikedl' .. I'm too smart to blindly follow like.... a mindless, inculcated US 'higher learning' Leftist.
Have a great day and I hope you find a job
: )
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

Just to reiterate:
pal-moz wrote:Image

The pref name is browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...