How to let the library window stay active

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ollydbg23

How to let the library window stay active

Post by ollydbg23 »

When I use ctrl+shift+B to open the library window, then I double click on a bookmark, the firefox browser window will be active.

But sometimes, I would like to stay browsing on the library windows, and double click on other bookmarks. So, the question is:

Is it possible that I can still have the library window active if I double click on a bookmark entry.

Thank you.
patrickjdempsey

Re: How to let the library window stay active

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Use the Bookmarks Sidebar: Ctrl-B.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/

Post by Guest »

look in the Windows' status bar ....... do you see the [Library . . . . . . ] button?
ollydbg23

Post by ollydbg23 »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Use the Bookmarks Sidebar: Ctrl-B.

Thank you for the reply. Bookmarks Sidebar do work.
Any chance with the Library window? :D
ollydbg23

Post by ollydbg23 »

Guest wrote:look in the Windows' status bar ....... do you see the [Library . . . . . . ] button?

Yes, it there, but sometimes, I would like to double click on several bookmarks, then switch to the browser window to see their contents.

Switch back to the Library window every time when I click on the bookmark is annoying.

Thanks.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

You can force the Library window into a tab, but personally I think the Sidebar is more convenient as it's always up and open.

Just open this address and bookmark it... you can Pin it if you want.
chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul

You can go really crazy and open this up as a Sidebar by right-clicking on the bookmark > Properties > check Load this bookmark in the sidebar.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
oaty

Post by oaty »

ollydbg23 wrote:Yes, it there, but sometimes, I would like to double click on several bookmarks, then switch to the browser window to see their contents.

Switch back to the Library window every time when I click on the bookmark is annoying.

hold down Ctrl ........ select the bookmarks you want to visit ... click Open All In Tabs
ollydbg23

Post by ollydbg23 »

patrickjdempsey wrote:You can force the Library window into a tab, but personally I think the Sidebar is more convenient as it's always up and open.

Just open this address and bookmark it... you can Pin it if you want.
chrome://browser/content/places/places.xul

Thank you very much, this works quite nice!!

You can go really crazy and open this up as a Sidebar by right-clicking on the bookmark > Properties > check Load this bookmark in the sidebar.

Yeah, it works too. But I prefer the previous tab view way, because I think showing library window(which contains several columns) in a sidebar is not quite good. :?
Any way, thank you very much!!!

oaty wrote:hold down Ctrl ........ select the bookmarks you want to visit ... click Open All In Tabs

This also works, but I have too many bookmarks and they are stored in separate folders, so I'm thinking that multiply select of the bookmark entry does not work between different folders.

Post by Guest »

ollydbg23 wrote:
oaty wrote:hold down Ctrl ........ select the bookmarks you want to visit ... click Open All In Tabs

This also works, but I have too many bookmarks and they are stored in separate folders, so I'm thinking that multiply select of the bookmark entry does not work between different folders.

first, run a Search of bookmarks, so only likely suspects are showing in the list of bookmarks
:mrgreen: