Camino 2.1 and cookies

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

kenrick

Camino 2.1 and cookies

Post by kenrick »

Since upgrading from 2.0.9 to 2.1 Camino has been clearing all cookies on quitting, so that I have to sign in to frequently used sites every session.

According to the documentation this behaviour is controlled by hidden preferences, but when I looked at hidden preferences I found all the cookie prefs were set to default (including "network.cookie.lifetimePolicy" set to "0" which should mean Camino follows the server settings) except for "network.cookie.cookieBehavior" set to 1 (inline with my setting on the Preference panel) and "network.cookie.prefsMigrated" set to "true".

I tried setting my favourite sites in the Exceptions list in Preferences but Camino still deletes all cookies on quitting.

I also tried deleting "org.mozilla.camino.plist" in Library/Preferences but that didn't correct the behaviour either.

Any ideas?
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: Camino 2.1 and cookies

Post by cflawson »

If you view the cookies themselves in the prefs, what's showing in the "Expires" column?

cl
kenrick

Post by kenrick »

Some show "On Quit", others have various dates between a week and five years in the future. All are deleted when I quit Camino.
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

For the sites that you have added to the Exceptions list, do they all say 'allow' in the policy column ?

Could you also check if Console logs anything ? (Applications/Utilities/Console, filter for Camino)
kenrick

Post by kenrick »

Policy is "allow" for all. Nothing much in the log, just:
14/12/11 2:03:51 PM Camino[173] *** WARNING: Method runModalForWindow:relativeToWindow: in class NSApplication is deprecated. It will be removed in a future release and should no longer be used.
14/12/11 2:03:51 PM Camino[173] *** WARNING: Method beginModalSessionForWindow:relativeToWindow: in class NSApplication is deprecated. It will be removed in a future release and should no longer be used.
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

Those warnings are harmless.

Could you move cookies.sqlite and cookies.sqlite-journal out of your profile (~/Library/Application Support/Camino) to the desktop or other safe location? Then try again.
Quit Camino before moving those files.

If that doesn't help, do the same with permissions.sqlite.
kenrick

Post by kenrick »

Deleting cookies.sqlite and cookies.sqlite-journal fixed the problem. Everything back to normal now.

Thanks for your help
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

Sounds like it was probably a corrupted cookies file, for whatever that's worth.

cl