Please report errors in The Official Nightly thread here

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
LoudNoise

Please report errors in The Official Nightly thread here

Post by LoudNoise »

In order not to fill the nightly thread with reports about issues needing a fix please report them here. Thanks
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Frank Lion

Re: Please report needed Nightly fixes here

Post by Frank Lion »

Renaming this thread would be a 'good thing' (unless you want FF12 wails here) to 'Fixes for 'The Official..etc..' thread.

I see you added pushes to the other thread (*rolls eyes*).....whatever pushes are. :)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LoudNoise

Re: Please report errors in The Official Nightly thread here

Post by LoudNoise »

Good point. Changed.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
LordStriker

Post by LordStriker »

The current build doesn't have any fix, right? Also, not that it matters, I'm pretty sure you know already that missing tags like Win, Lin, Mac from each bug.
Fx 16.02 -//- Fx 19α x64 -//- Win 8 Pro x64 -//- CPU: i5 2500 -//- GPU: 7950 -//- RAM: 8GB
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

This is what Peter gave me to use http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/p ... nddate=now Are these not bug fixes? If not what do I look for?
Post wrangler
golagoda

Post by golagoda »

LoudNoise wrote:This is what Peter gave me to use http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/p ... nddate=now Are these not bug fixes? If not what do I look for?

Just do what you're doing now but don't put the r=<word> part at the end and make sure the bug the push was made for is actually fixed (and not just a partial fix/patch) since it's meant to be bugs that are fixed that day.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

The r=word will disappear by Tuesday. I am currently doing this by hand. A fair amout of things will be automated once I get back to my windows machine at work :).
Post wrangler
michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

LoudNoise wrote:The r=word will disappear by Tuesday. I am currently doing this by hand. A fair amout of things will be automated once I get back to my windows machine at work :).

Aside from just removing bits, I think Peter(6)'s thread usually has the information from the bug, rather than from the pushlog.

So, this:
Jim Mathies — Bug 618353 - Provide content with the ability to shrink the size of glass borders for glass windows and shrink the fx border by 2 pixels. r=felipe

in the pushlog would be listed as:
#618353 [Core: Widget: Win32] - window frame is one pixel too wide on win 7

Quite often the commit and bug descriptions are the same, and both descriptions vary a bit as to whether they describe the problem or the solution (and I find there's variation as to which is more useful). So actually I think having the commit comment rather than the bug title would be ok, if you prefer it or it is easier to produce (getting rid of the the r=, a=, DONTBUILD and other such things would be nice in that case...) - I'm just pointing out how Peter(6) does it... but maybe you knew that already.

In the meantime, we appreciate your efforts in any case - for me, some part of the use of these threads is just to have a daily reminder to look at the pushlog and/or build, and keep the nightly build discussion in these forums manageable. :)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

One more day of push logs at least. To night I'll give a look at Peter's older posts and see if I can get things more in line.
Post wrangler
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

FYI: A "fixed" bug only needs listed once. Also, only bugs that apply to the desktop version. Therefore, Android-specific, Build Config-specific, Testing-specific bugs and such need not be posted.

What I have seen so far looks OK.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Mark342

Post by Mark342 »

The previous two nightly threads still say the builds "are not yet out"
They should say "are out"
:)

Nitpick FTW
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Does Peter change them? As far as I can tell he does not.
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

IIRC, Peter has a bookmarklet that formats the bug information in the post for him.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

LoudNoise wrote:Does Peter change them? As far as I can tell he does not.

Yes, we change both the title of the thread (as well as in appropriate lines in the OP) once all builds are out for the day.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

KWierso wrote:IIRC, Peter has a bookmarklet that formats the bug information in the post for him.

@LM,

I have the up-to-date bookmarklet if you need it. I can send it once I get home tonight.
Ray