keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
sridhar

Re: keyconfig 20110522

Post by sridhar »

Does anyone know where I can download the Functions for keyconfig that works with the latest stable Firefox?
sridhar

Post by sridhar »

Never mind...I found last working version of "Functions for KeyConfig" and bumped up the number in install.rdf. It is working fine in Firefox 9.0.1.

In case anyone is interested, here it is: http://d.pr/YPK1
nigelle

Post by nigelle »

Dorando
Is it difficult to add an Export/Import function to Keyconfig ?
This will probably answer the need of Morgan B and many others.

To export, I personally open Keyconfig, select a key name copy it to an external file, then select the code and copy it the line below in the same external file, add a separator, repeat this action for all my custom keys and save the external file. To import, I do the same sequence (except separator) but from the external file to the add key function in Keyconfig.
This is rather long and unpleasant, is there a way to automate this ?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

nigelle wrote:Dorando

To export, I personally open Keyconfig, select a key name copy it to an external file, then select the code and copy it the line below in the same external file, add a separator, repeat this action for all my custom keys and save the external file. To import, I do the same sequence (except separator) but from the external file to the add key function in Keyconfig.

keyconfig's changes/custom keys/added keys are stored in prefs.js with each entry beginning with "keyconfig." If a programming whiz could come up with the code to copy those items from prefs.js to a simple text file (export) as well as the the reverse (import), then we would have that convenience feature. Addon programmers like onemen (TMP) and Morac (Session Mgr.) have this in their addons. I bet they would chip in with adding their code tailored, of course, to keyconfig. 8-)
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

WildcatRay wrote:

keyconfig's changes/custom keys/added keys are stored in prefs.js with each entry beginning with "keyconfig." If a programming whiz could come up with the code to copy those items from prefs.js to a simple text file (export) as well as the the reverse (import), then we would have that convenience feature. Addon programmers like onemen (TMP) and Morac (Session Mgr.) have this in their addons. I bet they would chip in with adding their code tailored, of course, to keyconfig. 8-)

All the following must be run after cd to your profile with the concerned application (Firefox, Thunderbird or SeaMonkey) not running. They are meant for Unix-like operating systems (including Gnu/Linux) and include no sanity check. I did not test them with actual data. I chose the arbitrary name keyconfig.js (in your home directory) as the export file.

Export:

Code: Select all

grep -F '(keyconfig.' prefs.js > ~/keyconfig.js

Import:

cat ~/keyconfig.js >> prefs.js

For Windows,

type %USERPROFILE%\keyconfig.js >> prefs.js
should, IIRC, "import" the prefs as above. I'm less sure of how to export them (unless you have a suitable "grep" program installed).
Best regards,
Tony
Cleverson

Jump to next unread folder at the same level

Post by Cleverson »

Hello:

A long time ago, I asked for a code to jump to the next folder with unread messages in Thunderbird; Dorango kindly provided me the following, which still works beautifully:

var nextMode = pref.getIntPref("mailnews.nav_crosses_folders");
pref.setIntPref("mailnews.nav_crosses_folders", 0);

CrossFolderNavigation(nsMsgNavigationType.nextUnreadMessage);

pref.setIntPref("mailnews.nav_crosses_folders", nextMode);

Now, I'd like an improvement to this code so that it jumps only to folders at the same level as the folder I am currently placed. For example, if I have five folders at the level 2, and four folders at the level 3 inside the third folder of the level 2, then the keystroke must ignore those inside folders and look for unread messages only in the level 2 folders. Well I hope to have made myself understandable. I use Thunderbird 3.1.6 under Windows XP.

Thank you very much,
Cleverson
zegames

Post by zegames »

How I can open page info, page source and send link?

View:PageInfo return error "PageInfo is not defined".

View:PageSource return error "PageSource is not defined".

Browser:SendLink return error "SendLink is not defined".

------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, found all function, I will keep here for reference:

window.openDialog('chrome://browser/content/pageinfo/pageInfo.xul')

BrowserViewSourceOfDocument(content.document);

MailIntegration.sendLinkForWindow(window.content);
sridhar

Post by sridhar »

Thanks zegames. I have updated the table at http://sridharkatakam.com/2010/08/20/keyconfig-firefox/
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

I use config2 to export/import Firefox prefs.

My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
chirpy_7

Post by chirpy_7 »

hi dorando & co,

I'm using Menu Editor (and have only now become aware of your viewtopic.php?t=272717). Anyway:

the Show All Bookmarks (Library) item is not available and Ctrl + Shift + B does also not work; neither does http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_ext ... ks_Manager .

I tried DOM Inspector & Firebug to show me the relevant command, but didn't succeed (why didn't it work? is there an easy way?).

As I'm on Linux (ubuntu) I have a hunch this bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=519496 might be related to this...

Is there a command for Show All Bookmarks (Library) which would work through keyconfig?

thx!

chirpy
morat

Post by morat »

@chirpy_7

Try this:

PlacesCommandHook.showPlacesOrganizer('AllBookmarks');

chirpy_7 wrote:Is there an easy way?

1. view the browser.dtd source

view-source:chrome://browser/locale/browser.dtd

2. search for "Show All Bookmarks"

<!ENTITY showAllBookmarks2.label "Show All Bookmarks">

3. view the browser.xul source

view-source:chrome://browser/content/browser.xul

4. search for showAllBookmarks2.label

<menuitem id="appmenu_showAllBookmarks"
          label="&showAllBookmarks2.label;"
          command="Browser:ShowAllBookmarks"
          context=""
          key="manBookmarkKb"/>

5. search for Browser:ShowAllBookmarks

<command id="Browser:ShowAllBookmarks"
         oncommand="PlacesCommandHook.showPlacesOrganizer('AllBookmarks');"/>
Morgan B

Post by Morgan B »

Zoolcar9 wrote:I use config2 to export/import Firefox prefs. 

Wow, thanks! It's a useful tool. However, I have some problems with it. Where is this best discussed?
nigelle

Post by nigelle »

To Zoolcar9
I am probably security paranoiac but I don't wish to accept a link that try to install something without giving explanation : it may be a malicious program.
Please give the link to the page in AMO where the extension config2 is described or its true name.
Google give 194 M hits to "config2 extension" !
nigelle

Post by nigelle »

I have tried to define a new short-cut as graphical alt (the right alt key you use to enter @) m but Keyconfig has understood ctrl alt m.
Is this a bug or a normal behaviour ?
What are the modifier keys allowed by Keyconfig ?
Morgan B

Post by Morgan B »

ctrl+alt+[x] = altGr+[x]
So it's not a bug. As far as I know, ctrl, alt and shift are allowed - what else exist?