Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
KilliK

Re: Nightly Troubleshooting Information

Post by KilliK »

Latest nightly update broke the Hide Caption Titlebar Plus addon:

Before applying latest nightly update:
After applying latest nightly update:
click images for full size
Last edited by James on January 16th, 2012, 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: made as thumbnail image links as they were a looong 2,560px wide.
SafariBear

Post by SafariBear »

For maybe two weeks now, each time I start the nightly, the bookmarks toolbar is empty. The corresponding menu item is checked. When I uncheck it, and then check it again, all bookmarks are back. Is this just my installation, or does that happen because of a new bug? The usual trick of removing the bookmarks toolbar and then pulling it back does also not survive a restart of the nightly.
nobodyknowz

Post by nobodyknowz »

For some reason IDM CC has stopped working?..........................
James

Post by James »

EternalShadowAW, I splitted your post off as a new thread at viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2415461
ushere

Post by ushere »

cannot play video's on certain pages (they play happily in ie and chrome). eg:

http://www.sirecam.com.au

anyone else experiencing this?
EternalShadowAW

Post by EternalShadowAW »

According to my friend, he cannot play JW Player videos. They simply do not show up within the page or even load up with Nightly. Using Firefox 10 and Waterfox 64 bit (based on stable Firefox), views them just fine. He doesn't think it's an issue with Flash 64 bit either, since everything else, youtube, etc works fine

I can watch those Sirecam videos, however. Seems like there may be some problems integrating the flash player's code with Nightly. I thought it would at least show the player and fail to play it, but it's like it's not even there!
mikedl

Post by mikedl »

See here:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=723154

I hope Mozilla either fixes this or backs out whatever regressed it soon.

See here, as well (thanks, _Dexter_):

https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9468
"It may be that there are true demonstrations; but this is not certain. Thus, this proves nothing else but that it is not certain that all is uncertain, to the glory of skepticism." Pascal's Pensées
EternalShadowAW

Post by EternalShadowAW »

Very very interesting. Yes, both my friend and I are using Adblock Plus. Seems like this is exactly the problem. Fix it soon Mozilla!
ScottMSanders

Post by ScottMSanders »

I came here as the Uploadify Flash-based uploader was intermittently not working in Nightly but OK in other browsers.

Good to know, and I hope 64-bit comes to beta soon, as that's why I use Nightly.
patfla

Post by patfla »

The vertical Search bar on the left of any Google results page seems to have disappeared from my latest nightly. I enter the search terms; hit return; and a line of yellow text appears below the search box but then disappears before I can read it. Then the results appear with no Search bar on the left (which I often like to use to filter for more recent hits).

I backed up temporarily to FF 10.0.2 (latest release) and the Search bar is there.

Looked in Error Console for the what the yellow message that flashed by might be but didn't find it.
mikedl

Post by mikedl »

patfla wrote:The vertical Search bar on the left of any Google results page seems to have disappeared from my latest nightly. I enter the search terms; hit return; and a line of yellow text appears below the search box but then disappears before I can read it. Then the results appear with no Search bar on the left (which I often like to use to filter for more recent hits).

I backed up temporarily to FF 10.0.2 (latest release) and the Search bar is there.

Looked in Error Console for the what the yellow message that flashed by might be but didn't find it.

pal-moz2 wrote:
pr1xsel wrote:And something regressed Google search results? https://www.google.com/search?q=google
I'm seeing Google and it's search two times with Google search, I'm feeling lucky buttons.

viewtopic.php?p=11749127#p11749127
and see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=651674

viewtopic.php?p=11754365#p11754365
"It may be that there are true demonstrations; but this is not certain. Thus, this proves nothing else but that it is not certain that all is uncertain, to the glory of skepticism." Pascal's Pensées
patfla

Post by patfla »

I see. Thanks.
patfla

Post by patfla »

So it appears to have to do with changes to how the user-agent string works in FF (?).

If I were, for the time being, to hack the problem in about:config what value would I put in what variable?
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

patfla wrote:So it appears to have to do with changes to how the user-agent string works in FF (?).

If I were, for the time being, to hack the problem in about:config what value would I put in what variable?

see > viewtopic.php?p=11749247#p11749247
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
patfla

Post by patfla »

Thanks, that works. And yes, I should have read 11749247 earlier.