foxit reader not open file in broswer

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
steveb5

foxit reader not open file in broswer

Post by steveb5 »

For some reason, I cannot open a PDF file in Firefox. I am using Foxit reader. It recently stooped working. Can anyone please help.
steveb5

Re: foxit reader not open file in broswer

Post by steveb5 »

I get this error message Foxit Reader OCX.ocx failed to load
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Try uninstalling Foxit (browser closed), when done restart FF and make sure in 'about:plugins' the Foxit plugin's gone, if not delete this file (just do Windows search).. 'npFoxitReaderPlugin.dll' then reinstall, I had a problem after an update, the old FF plugin didn't .
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
steveb5

Post by steveb5 »

Thanks mightyglydd. Did as you suggested and after re-installed with update it didn't work. Re-installed it without the current update at it worked. Must be a problem with the foxit update. Thanks again.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Glad you got it working.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

steveb5
Some time ago I had problems with getting Foxit to work in Firefox and found that an attempt to open up a PDF in Firefox(FF) would cause FF to crash yet my Win7 OS would recover the crash and it took some time to figure out that FF was actually crashing... I traced down the problem to opening up a PDF in Firefox via the Foxit Plugin so I re-pointed the function in Tools/Options/Applications to have all FDF (Foxit docs.) and PDF's to open using the Foxit application and not the plugin... All those crash problems went away and have had zero issues with Foxit since then.

So, you might want to re-point your Firefox applications for Foxit to open with the app and not the plugin... I like it better that way because everything related to that pdf/fdf doc. is then handled outside of Firefox.... keeps the mem. use in FF reduced.... then try that Foxit update again.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
wontletmelogin

Post by wontletmelogin »

Thank you Steveb5...

That fixed the problem for me too.

:D
Kevin McFarlane

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

steveb5 wrote:Thanks mightyglydd. Did as you suggested and after re-installed with update it didn't work. Re-installed it without the current update at it worked. Must be a problem with the foxit update. Thanks again.

I use Foxit as well and it's currently fine. Which version was problematic for you? I'm on plugin 2.1.1.720 (Foxit 5.1.4.0104).