Experimenting with PimpMyCamino replacement

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

davedit

Experimenting with PimpMyCamino replacement

Post by davedit »

I'm experimenting with a new site to replace PimpMyCamino. It is using Posterous for posting content and SugarSync to host files. You can check it out at http://caminoaddons.posterous.com/.

Again, this is just an experiment for now. Please let me know what you think about the interface/theme, using SugarSync to host files (the download link for Chromino), and anything else. Thanks!
Camino Themes and Stuff (If that doesn't work, try the mirror)
Pimp My Camino
alexgo

Re: Experimenting with PimpMyCamino replacement

Post by alexgo »

That is a very cool site, I like it a lot! Curious about the optimized Camino. When I type machine I get i486.
RPMozley

Post by RPMozley »

Umm. Well "machine" won't actually help with regard to Intel processors. Just view "About This Mac" and it will show you if you have the original CoreDuo or the newer Core2Duo processor.
My build thread - Camino Builds - http://www.rpm-mozilla.org.uk
MacBook 13" 2.4GHz: OSX 10.6.8
iBook G3 Indigo 366MHz, PowerBook G3 333MHz: OSX 10.3.9
davedit

Post by davedit »

Good point, I've updated the info, thanks.
Pimp My Camino
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

Well, it's kind of industrial (light industrial? :P ) compared to the warm, Camino-y feeling that PMC had. It does, however, have the distinct advantage of actually working, though :P
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
HenriHudson

Post by HenriHudson »

Nice work, thanks! :-)
David Munch

Post by David Munch »

Need some information on how to install things, especially themes.. ;)
Uncle Asad
Camino Developer

Post by Uncle Asad »

It was the colors; it's much better now, although the black in the left sidebar is still a little strong. I ♥ the little "♥ Camino" button as the "o" in the header image :-)

However, isn't Posterous going away now that they've been acquired? :-(
Mac OS X 10.3.9 • PowerBook G4 17" 1.33 GHz | Mac OS X 10.5.x • MacBook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz
Snow7's Camino Forum FAQSearch the Forum  Camino. HelpTroubleshoot Camino
davedit

Post by davedit »

Uncle Asad wrote:It was the colors; it's much better now, although the black in the left sidebar is still a little strong. I ♥ the little "♥ Camino" button as the "o" in the header image :-)

However, isn't Posterous going away now that they've been acquired? :-(

Haha sorry, I guess I deleted the post you responded to right as you were responding. I was gonna make a few more changes but I changed my mind (for now anyway). Good good, I'm glad to hear that. Yeah I tried messing with the color of the left sidebar, but I stopped for now because it involved parsing through a good deal of code and figuring out what did what. My CSS is rusty. :/

As far as I know they'll keep operating as is. I would assume that if anything, they will only introduce more features.

I gave Tumblr a quick go because of their theme selection (they have some pretty awesome themes), but I preferred Posterous. Didn't help that Tumblr's search function didn't even search content, just tags.
Pimp My Camino
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

davedit wrote: Yeah I tried messing with the color of the left sidebar, but I stopped for now because it involved parsing through a good deal of code and figuring out what did what. My CSS is rusty. :/

The black background color in that side bar is specified for this element: header#page_header (of course, then you might need to change the graphic as well…).
davedit

Post by davedit »

phiw13 wrote:
davedit wrote: Yeah I tried messing with the color of the left sidebar, but I stopped for now because it involved parsing through a good deal of code and figuring out what did what. My CSS is rusty. :/

The black background color in that side bar is specified for this element: header#page_header (of course, then you might need to change the graphic as well…).

Haha yeah I had changed that, but then I realized I had to change the colors for the links and borders and whatnot, and I got lazy at that point. I might go back and mess with things again. Thanks though!
Pimp My Camino
HenriHudson

Post by HenriHudson »

It might be nice to add something about extensions known to work in Camino 2.1, what do you think?

Also, shouldn't this site be mentioned in the board's stickies?

HH