keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
morat

Re: keyconfig 20110522

Post by morat »

@ichigo

Try using an older version.

http://mozilla.dorando.at/old/

Keyconfig 20060828 : Firefox minVersion 1.5.0.6 maxVersion 2.0.0.3
Keyconfig 20080611 : Firefox minVersion 2.0.0.14 maxVersion 3.0
Keyconfig 20080929 : Firefox minVersion 2.0.0.17 maxVersion 3.0.3

Keyconfig 20060828 : Thunderbird minVersion 1.5.0.5 maxVersion 2.0.0.0
Keyconfig 20080611 : Thunderbird minVersion 2.0.0.14 maxVersion 2.0.0.14
Keyconfig 20080929 : Thunderbird minVersion 2.0.0.17 maxVersion 2.0.0.17

You may have to edit the minVersion or maxVersion in the install.rdf file.

Firefox id is {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}.
Thunderbird id is {3550f703-e582-4d05-9a08-453d09bdfdc6}.
nigelle

Post by nigelle »

Import/export of short-cuts

I have tried the codes given by dorando Posted Feb Sat 4th 2012 12:56pm page 148 to copy my personal short-cuts from an old FFX profile to a knew one.

1) I defined the 2 short-cuts in the old profile and ran the export one on a blank FFX screen, it proposed (with the window of explorer) to save keyconfig.json so I gave a repertory and pressed save.
2) I installed keyconfig in the new profile and defined manually the import short-cut then I ran it, it asked for "keyconfig" (without file extension), I selected in the dialogue screen the previously saved keyconfig.json then pressed open. I closed FFX, then reopened it and take a look at keyconfig keys definitions : no short-cuts copied.
3) I made a copy of keyconfig.json without file extension = "keyconfig" and ran the import short-cut on it : no short-cuts copied.

What is the problem ? (or my mistake)...
igustin

Post by igustin »

I am happy user of keyconfig with dozen configured shortcuts.

Now I want to configure something more advanced that I know about: I want to assing keyboard shortcut to forward (selected) mail to one specific e-mail address. Something like macro for "Forward, put recipient address, Send Now".

I have studied custom code examples on http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_ext ... hunderbird but can't code this by myself.

Thanks in advance for any help/hint.

Edit: I made a workaround that works for me: tag mail & message filter for forwarding tagged mail & untag mail. Still waiting for better solution. ;)
tbs

Post by tbs »

How to invoke Inspect tool?
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

tbs wrote:How to invoke Inspect tool?

Code: Select all

InspectorUI.toggleInspectorUI()
My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

In Firefox 11, Ctrl+Shift+I invokes Inspect. Press ESC to close Inspect.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
mad.engineer

Post by mad.engineer »

I've been using Keyconfig with TB for a while now, currently on v11.0. In the past was on W7/TB and recently switched to OS X (10.7.3). This behavior that I'm seeing is specific to OS X, did not see it while on W7, hence hoping that someone may have an idea on how to workaround it.

The function I'm using via Keyconfig that use my assigned shortcut for "Send Now" is as follows:

var nsIPromptService = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/embedcomp/prompt-service;1"]
.getService(Components.interfaces.nsIPromptService);

var flags =
nsIPromptService.BUTTON_POS_0 * nsIPromptService.BUTTON_TITLE_IS_STRING +
nsIPromptService.BUTTON_POS_1 * nsIPromptService.BUTTON_TITLE_IS_STRING;

if(nsIPromptService.confirmEx(null, "Send Now", "Do you want to send (Y/N)?", flags, "&Yes", "&No", null, null, {}) == 0)
goDoCommand("cmd_sendNow");

The issue I'm seeing is that when I press the shortcut and get the "Do you want to send (Y/N)?" pop-up, pressing the "Y" key do nothing. If I press Enter, then it takes it. Seems like the Y=Yes on OS X only works if I press the Enter key. Similarly pressing "N" does not do anything either. Same function when on W7 worked without any issues. So looks like the way OS X treats these input may need to be tweaked in the above function. Any advise from experts like dorando/morat is welcome. Thanks
Cattleya

Post by Cattleya »

Hi dorando, I'm using CoLT add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/vi/firefox/addon/colt/

Can you help me create some hotkeys to Copy Link Text and Location of selected text As:
- HTML Link
- Plain Text
- BBCode

Thanks!
bgoodr

Post by bgoodr »

Cattleya wrote:Can you help me create some hotkeys to Copy Link Text and Location of selected text...

Hi Cattleya,

I am in the same boat as you. I would like to bind a key binding to the "Rich Text HTML" submenu entry. It is not apparent to me how we can find the "command" or "oncommand" associated with that entry. I will keep digging and report back what I find, if anything, but if someone knows the answer to the above, please post back!

bg
bgoodr

Post by bgoodr »

bgoodr wrote:
Cattleya wrote:Can you help me create some hotkeys to Copy Link Text and Location of selected text...

I will keep digging and report back what I find, if anything...
bg

http://stackoverflow.com/a/9862893/257924 is the solution I arrived at. I was not knowledgeable enough on how to call the CoLT functions directly, but that does do the trick. Another reason I did that is in the comments in that StackOverflow post where I hinted that perhaps someone would want to use the users selection instead of the documents title but only when there is such a selection set, which should be pretty easy to code up directly in the keyconfig code block.

bg
bege

Post by bege »

morat wrote:
walkerpbus wrote:would like to print

Try this:

Code: Select all

// copy shortcut and name to clipboard using the keyconfig window
var wm = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1"].
  getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowMediator);
var enumerator = wm.getEnumerator("");
while (enumerator.hasMoreElements()) {
  var win = enumerator.getNext();
  if (win.document.getElementById("keyconfig-window")) {
    var out = new Array();
    for (var i = 0; i < win.gKeys.length; i++) {
      if (win.gKeys[i].shortcut != win.gStrings.disabled) {
        out.push(win.gKeys[i].shortcut + " \u25ba " + win.gKeys[i].name);
      }
    }
    var clipboard = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/widget/clipboardhelper;1"].
      getService(Components.interfaces.nsIClipboardHelper);
    if (navigator.platform.indexOf("Win")) {
      clipboard.copyString(out.join("\n"));
    } else {
      clipboard.copyString(out.join("\r\n"));
    }
    alert("copied to clipboard");
    break;
  }
}

This is fantastic. Thank you.
And with a ";" instead of the arrow " \u25ba " it becomes a CSV-file, that can easily be handled in a spreadsheet.
VLMin

Keyconfig for Firefox 11/12

Post by VLMin »

Is keyconfig available for Firefox 11/12?
nigelle

Post by nigelle »

Please urgent (1 or 2 days maximum) help needed see my post " Mar Mon 12th 2012 4:28pm"

I need to copy my Keyconfig short-cuts to a newly created Windows user and his FF profile.
I don't love the idea to do this manually but the import/export code given by Dorando does not work for me...
So I'll have to do it if you don't help me...
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

nigelle wrote:Please urgent (1 or 2 days maximum) help needed see my post " Mar Mon 12th 2012 4:28pm"

I need to copy my Keyconfig short-cuts to a newly created Windows user and his FF profile.
I don't love the idea to do this manually but the import/export code given by Dorando does not work for me...
So I'll have to do it if you don't help me...

Maybe this post can help. viewtopic.php?p=11631599#p11631599
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
nigelle

Post by nigelle »

config2 is apparently an extension developed by zoolcar9. If I click on the link this try to install the extension http://zoolcar9.lhukie.net/extensions/config2.xpi but when you back suppressing the part between / / it is forbidden or give no information...
I am perhaps security paranoiac but I don't like this !