Firefox get "untrusted connection" on almost every website

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
brucifer6

Firefox get "untrusted connection" on almost every website

Post by brucifer6 »

I keep getting the untrusted connection on almost every site I go to. Can I turn this annoying setting off? Or can I revert to Firefox 10? Also Facebook just shows up unformatted and no stories or pictures.
brucifer6

Re: Firefox get "untrusted connection" on almost every websi

Post by brucifer6 »

Amazon and Twitter also don't show up formatted
Fanolian

Post by Fanolian »

Maybe a dumb question, do you have your system clock set correctly? It is mostly overlooked when getting an expired certificate warning.
As for the unformatted pages, try clearing your firefox's cache and reload those pages.
brucifer6

Post by brucifer6 »

Now the web pages show up ok. I didn't change anything. The untrusted thing is still happening though
Fanolian

Post by Fanolian »

Can you copy the information from Technical Details in "This Connection is Untrusted" page? Maybe someone more knowledgeable to this can figure out the (common) cause of such problem.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

brucifer6 wrote:I keep getting the untrusted connection on almost every site I go to. Can I turn this annoying setting off?

See This connection is untrusted. If you get the error on every secure site you visit, that's indicative either of malware or security software messing with certificates.
brucifer6 wrote:Or can I revert to Firefox 10?

That version is obsolete and contains security vulnerabilities, and likely has nothing to do with the problem.
brucifer6 wrote:Also Facebook just shows up unformatted and no stories or pictures.

See Websites look wrong.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

When you get an error message, always tell us EXACTLY what it said, so we're not just guessing. I think this is what's going on:

If you get that message with almost every Web site you visit, it probably means you are attempting to use secure connections for every Web site. You probably have an extension that you installed for that purpose. There's no reason to do this. Most Web sites do not have and do not need secure connections.
brucifer6

Post by brucifer6 »

Is there any way to go back to version 10? This issue was fixed (the system clock was wrong). I really don't like version 11. If I wanted Chrome (which I don't) I would use it. This version is so buggy.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

brucifer6 wrote:This issue was fixed (the system clock was wrong).

brucifer6 wrote:This version is so buggy.

Er, not likely. You need to describe your symptoms. The only problem you described wasn't even Firefox, and we fixed it.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Aside from being faster and a few changes that almost no-one will ever notice, why do you think Firefox 11 is any different than Firefox 10?
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/