Firefox 0.8 - Can't Get Rid Of Italics

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
masica

Firefox 0.8 - Can't Get Rid Of Italics

Post by masica »

I run Win98SE and Firefox 0.8 for general browsing and Opera for email. I like Firefox's no-nonsense speed, etc.

For some reason, some text when browsing websites is now in Italics and I can't figure out how to turn that off. My daughter installed Yahoo's Instant Messenger/Chat crap and a Creative WebCam about 6 weeks ago. The Italics problem did not crop up until yesterday, so I don't think that is the problem. I only un-installed a couple games recently and did not install anything else. I always use either the game's uninstaller or Windows uninstall through Control Panel, etc.

How do I re-set Firefox to display all text as it was intended when a web page loads and displays?

Thanks
AmboyGuy

Post by AmboyGuy »

Try Tools > Options > General > Fomts&Colors
Make sure the "Always use my font's & colors" is unchecked.
Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1 ID:20111228084953
whoops

Post by whoops »

I just got this problem too. Pratically all the text on screen is now in italics. Even this text I'm typing into this Quick Reply is in italics. I tried turning "Always use my: Fonts Colors" on, then off again, but that didn't do anything. I'm very annoyed!
joeblakesley

Post by joeblakesley »

Does this happen in Firefox 1.0 too?
Joe Llywelyn Griffith Blakesley
(big Firefox fan since 0.1)
whoops

Post by whoops »

Yes, I'm using Firefox 1.0 (not the Preview).
whoops

Post by whoops »

Other people are having this same problem.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=129400

Very annoying! It just happened and I can't figure out why.
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

Since there seems to be problems also with other browsers than FX I think that this must be some setting in the OS. (Try rightclicking on the desktop and check out the properties...)

Post by Guest »

Figured it out. My Verdana font file was corrupted.

I went into my font folder, deleted the Verdana font (which read 0KB in file size), then restarted the computer. Then I downloaded a new copy of Verdana from here:

http://simplythebest.net/fonts/fonts/fo ... rdan32.exe

Installed this font (which now reads 137KB), then restarted my computer.

Everything is back to normal.