FireFox won't display png images

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

FireFox won't display png images

Post by Guest »

Hello! This is my first post here. :)

I'm having a problem with Firefox. I just updated to 1.0 and it is not displaying .png images. I read teh FAQ and I am loading all images, not just images from the site I'm on. If I drag a png image into my browser I can see it, but I can't see it on a web page. Any ideas?

here are 2 png images:

Others claim they ca see the images with FF just fine.
WinLin

Post by WinLin »

I can't see those, I get an error message if I try to view them, "The requested URL /klov.com/screens/C/vCommando.png was not found on this server".
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.8)
Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4 (MOOX M3)
-----------------
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.7)
Gecko/20050421 Firefox/1.0.3 (Debian package 1.0.3-2)
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

I can't see anything except placeholders for the images in your post above and when I right click and choose "view image" I get a 404, not found on this server...

Post by Guest »

jrzycrim wrote:Seems like your url is not valid:
The requested URL /klov.com/screens/C/vCommando.png was not found on this server.

Firefox supports png images just fine.

weird. Others said they could see it. OK, I feel better if you're all seeing the same thing I am. :)

thx
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

I get File Not Found errors for both of your image links above.

Are they hosted somewhere that one must have permission to access?

Interestingly, if I enter the image URLs at http://web-sniffer.net/ to check the http headers, it DOES return header information (content IS returned as "image/png" - I figured it would not and that would be the problem).

Here's a png image from the png home page (click here) that displays in my FFox with no problem:
Last edited by makaiguy on January 29th, 2005, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
FisherSue

Post by FisherSue »

And I see them just fine, assuming they are screen shots of what looks like a Commando game.
Firefox 1.0 M3 (Moox Optimized) Win98SE
Homebuilt 1.7 gHz celeron; 512 MB
Jadugar

Post by Jadugar »

how can you see an image that doesn't exist on the server or is the server very very selective in displaying the images? I dont see them with both firefox and IE as it seems the image doesn't exist.
FisherSue

Post by FisherSue »

Jadugar wrote:how can you see an image that doesn't exist on the server or is the server very very selective in displaying the images? I dont see them with both firefox and IE as it seems the image doesn't exist.
http://images.webmagic.com/klov.com/screens/C/vCommando.png
http://images.webmagic.com/klov.com/scr ... mmando.png
Don't know, but those are the links, and they display just fine.
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

All the 3 .pngs on this thread work for me too. I can see them on this page, no need to click anything. Try new profiles maybe?
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

The first two images don't work in another Firefox profile for me. Makaiguy's image works fine and so does the page he linked to.

Check and see if this .png displays:

Fishersue's link returns this (just like view image of the first two):

Not Found

The requested URL /klov.com/screens/C/vCommando.png was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora) Server at images.webmagic.com Port 80
FisherSue

Post by FisherSue »

Does for me, again. Don't know why I'm seeing them if no one else (other than FatJohn) can't.
It's a screen shot of your sysinfo-memory, Leroi.
I think half the problems with Firefox are caused by faulty extensions. No real proof, but a gut feeling. Whenever I've had a problem, uninstalling any new ones usually clears it up. It also would explain why creating a new profile usually clears things up.

Post by Guest »

I'll add "I can see them all" to the minority ;)
OlGranDad

Post by Guest »

It sounds like the server is having intermittent problems. All of them show up for me.

BTW, thanks for the memories... Commando.
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

Not working in Mozilla 1.7.5 either. Mine and Makaiguy's are the only ones I can see...
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

LeRoi: Could you be AdBlocking them? The server does have a little funny name...