Firefox 11 won't sync data at all (but its on server!)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
RejZoR

Firefox 11 won't sync data at all (but its on server!)

Post by RejZoR »

This Firefox nonsense is starting to piss me off. Uninstalled Firefox for a while during test of another browser. I've erased profiles as well like other billion times. Today i want to install Firefox back. I install it like billion times before, enter sync login data and select to erase all local data with remote one (again, like i did billion times before). It starts to sync and then, nothing happens. Bookmark bar is empty, no history, no bookmarks, nothing. What the hell? I try restarting it several times, nothing. Nothing and again nothing after leaving it for a while.

I tried doing the other way around, to erase everything on server with my local data. And in a dialog, i could clearly see that 2 of my computers would get overwritten (i then canceled it). Clearly, the data is on the servers but Firefox refuses to download them to my system for whatever retarded reason. How the hell am i suppose to get like 500 bookmarks and all the passwords if this garbage refuses to do what i request it to do? Mozilla Service webpage is also useless because i can only change password there. I just don't get it how can anyone make any service this freakin unreliable. When it was still called "Weave", not a single problem and it was a freakin beta. Today, several years later and this garbage. FU Mozilla.
My webpage and blog: http://www.rejzor.tk
KWierso

Re: Firefox 11 won't sync data at all (but its on server!)

Post by KWierso »

In Firefox's address bar, enter "about:sync-log".
Go to one of the recent error logs in the list and look for what was happening when the error occurred.
RejZoR

Post by RejZoR »

Thanks, i'll know what to use in the future to check the sync logs. I was so pissed yesterday that i cleared the server of all data and transfered it from Chrome to Firefox using Xmarks and LastPass. Now some logins don't work even though they are stored. And if i enter them again, i get doubled entries in the password manager. Very strange. But i'll sort that out since not all are affected...
My webpage and blog: http://www.rejzor.tk
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

I should probably add that if you share your sync log information, you should probably go through it first and make sure it doesn't mention any sites in bookmarks, history or passwords that you don't want the world to know you've visited... :-"