How to restore "lost" subfolders

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
timmera1

How to restore "lost" subfolders

Post by timmera1 »

I don't know how I did it. But suddenly 3 subfolders of Local Folders have disappeared. After reading a lot of forum messages, I did find the folders back in C:\\Documents and setting\(my username)\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\m1812jt7.default\Mail\Local Folders\(subfoldername)\(doc.msf).
When I open doc.msf with thunderbird, I cannot read the document.
How can I get back this subfolder in Thunderbird and restore the messages in it?

Thanks in advance!

Post by Guest »

The mails should be in the file called "doc" (same name but no extension). The msf file is an index for that file.

But the main point is that if the doc file is there, the folder should show in TB as well -- inside Local-Folders>Subfolder>Doc -- since the folder structure you see inside the profile-folder is a mirror of the folder-structure inside TB. Double-check that you are looking at the correct location....
timmera1

Post by timmera1 »

You are correct, in ........\Mail\Local Folders I find the "normal" subfolders of Local folders and the folders I made. For each of the "normal" subfolders there are 2 files, one without extension and the other with the extension msf. The situation with the folders I made myself is different. There is one file with the extension msf and a subfolder with the extension sbd. In that subfolder I find the missing files, again one without and one with extension msf. Maybe a difficult way (but it worked), I copied this two files from the subfolder to Local Folders and that works. They appear again in TBird. After that I deleted the subfolder without any problem.