[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
elieux

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.1 - light but featureful

Post by elieux »

TU Lite is causing the URI (at least the query string) in the address bar to be ANSI-encoded instead of UTF-encoded as is in my Firefox configuration. The culprit is one of the hooks of gURLBar.handleCommand.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

I'm sure I've come across it somewhere, but no worries! As long as my tabs open next to the 'focused' tab, that'll do for me.
Cheers,
Keith
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Hi

After todays Nightly update option to force open all new links, bookmarks etc in new tab stop work properly, simply, if I like to open new tab from bookmark nothing happen, problem related to TU, once extension is disabled then I can open links and bookmarks normal :)
HummerOfGod

Post by HummerOfGod »

After todays Nightly update option to force open all new links, bookmarks etc in new tab stop work properly, simply, if I like to open new tab from bookmark nothing happen, problem related to TU, once extension is disabled then I can open links and bookmarks normal :)

same problem after Bug 750980 - Implement gBrowser.visibleTabs cache
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

HummerOfGod wrote:

same problem after Bug 750980 - Implement gBrowser.visibleTabs cache

Thanks for your report. This should be a broken issue. I will release a new version soon.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

shamu wrote:
loby wrote:perhaps a new bug with Firefox 12
1) open and close bookmarks panel Image
2) middle click on a bookmarks folder (or rmb->open all in tabs) doesnt work

I'm also seeing this. In addition, without step 1, middle click on a bookmarks folder does work, but only for a while. After that (not sure how long), it just stops working. I'm using Firefox 12 on a Mac, if that matters.

Same issue here. Hope to see an update soon!
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

Bug
FF12, Tu1.2pre18, autostack enabled, extensions.tabutils.autoExpandStackAndCollapseOthersOnSelect false
Load FF, open any site in tab, then open a new tab, load any site in it and open any link - you'll have this:
[tab not in stack][parent tab][child tab] - 2 last tabs are in stack

Collapse the stack on child tab, switch to [tab not in stack] and close it - focus will move to the collapsed stack but there will be a parent tab on top instead of a child one! If extensions.tabutils.autoExpandStackAndCollapseOthersOnSelect is true then behaviour is logical: stack is expanded after [tab not in stack] is closed and the left tab (which is also a parent tab) of the stack receives focus.
studgeek

Post by studgeek »

Am I missing what "retain history for new tabs from links" is supposed to do? It doesn't seem to be working for me. What I am hoping for is when I "Open Link In New Tab/Window" the new tab/window will have the history of it's "parent" tab like the "Tab History" add-on used to support. Instead the new tab always has no history.

I have tried it in a blank profile with FF 13.0 beta, 12.0, and 10.0.2 with TU 1.1.4 and 1.2pre18.

Thanks,
dave
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

You are right about the feature; It works fine for me for new tabs but not for new windows (I don't care about this last anyway)... using TU 1.2pre18.
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

Noooooo wrote:Bug
FF12, Tu1.2pre18, autostack enabled, extensions.tabutils.autoExpandStackAndCollapseOthersOnSelect false
Load FF, open any site in tab, then open a new tab, load any site in it and open any link - you'll have this:
[tab not in stack][parent tab][child tab] - 2 last tabs are in stack

Collapse the stack on child tab, switch to [tab not in stack] and close it - focus will move to the collapsed stack but there will be a parent tab on top instead of a child one! If extensions.tabutils.autoExpandStackAndCollapseOthersOnSelect is true then behaviour is logical: stack is expanded after [tab not in stack] is closed and the left tab (which is also a parent tab) of the stack receives focus.

And same thing will happen if tabs are placed like this:
[parent tab][child tab][tab not in stack]

The only thing different is that the focus will be moved to the last tab in stack.
studgeek

Post by studgeek »

[quote="studgeek"]Am I missing what "retain history for new tabs from links" is supposed to do? It doesn't seem to be working for me. What I am hoping for is when I "Open Link In New Tab/Window" the new tab/window will have the history of it's "parent" tab like the "Tab History" add-on used to support. Instead the new tab always has no history.

I have tried it in a blank profile with FF 13.0 beta, 12.0, and 10.0.2 with TU 1.1.4 and 1.2pre18.

Thanks,
dave[/quote]
[quote="K4RBQT99"]You are right about the feature; It works fine for me for new [i]tabs[/i] but not for new windows (I don't care about this last anyway)... using TU 1.2pre18.[/quote]

Yes, thanks for that clarification K4RBQT99. The problem is only with "open link in new [b]window[/b]". Is it possible to add the history retain for new windows also?

I can see in the code where the extension is hooking loadOneTab to do it, is there an equivalent function for new windows we can hook as well? I'm happy to make the change and test it out on my end.

Thanks,
dave
dvnito

Post by dvnito »

Any news on a fix for the breakage due to gBrowser.visibleTabs? Is there maybe a hack or test build we could grab?

I'm itching to see the http://blog.stephenhorlander.com/2010/0 ... ification/ that has just landed! :)
Heaby

Post by Heaby »

I reverted back to version 1.2pre18 since the vertical tabs-option was removed in the latest version. Why was it removed and will it come back?
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

1.1.4 < 1.2pre18

1.1.4 was a compatibility update for the old 1.1.3 version. 1.2preXX shows the work in progress for the fufure (without a release date) 1.2 version
Heaby

Post by Heaby »

K4RBQT99 wrote:1.1.4 < 1.2pre18

1.1.4 was a compatibility update for the old 1.1.3 version. 1.2preXX shows the work in progress for the fufure (without a release date) 1.2 version

Thanks for explaining.