How do I BLOCK a Specific Javascript file?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Carmenn

How do I BLOCK a Specific Javascript file?

Post by Carmenn »

How do I block a javascript file?

There's a site that I go to the bombards me with ads and stuff from a javascript file that constantly rotates...
rtmjr50

Re: How do I BLOCK a Specific Javascript file?

Post by rtmjr50 »

Carmenn wrote:How do I block a javascript file?

There's a site that I go to the bombards me with ads and stuff from a javascript file that constantly rotates...

have you tried the adblock extension ....

at this time you can not block a single javascript ... its either on or off .... however, the good news is that with firefox 1.5 (sept release) ... a allow site list will be added like you have for popups ...

their may be a extension out their that adds a icon .... all you would have to do is reset the user_pref that controls it .... I don't know of one ...
have you gone to the extension mirror site and check???
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?act=idx

if you do find one ... let me know ...

later, Richard
Last edited by rtmjr50 on January 30th, 2005, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule #1: My computer is always right, the human is always the problem .. RULE #2: See Rule #1
using Win XP/SP2 (home) FF1.5.0.9 FF2.0.0.1 FF3a1 Tbird1.5.0.9 ==> Press for More Answers <==
No colours in sig please.

Post by Guest »

Oh great news! when does 1.5 come out?
rtmjr50

Post by rtmjr50 »

Anonymous wrote:Oh great news! when does 1.5 come out?

at this time 1.5 release date is late sept or early Oct ... since the release date for 1.1 was push back from march to late april or early may ... I would not be surprise to see 1.5 released date being some time in dec .... 2.0 release date is now for june 2006 ...

later, Richard
Last edited by rtmjr50 on January 30th, 2005, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule #1: My computer is always right, the human is always the problem .. RULE #2: See Rule #1
using Win XP/SP2 (home) FF1.5.0.9 FF2.0.0.1 FF3a1 Tbird1.5.0.9 ==> Press for More Answers <==
Racer

Post by Racer »

FireFox allows you to enable/disable JS on a per-site basis if you want.

Post by Guest »

Racer wrote:FireFox allows you to enable/disable JS on a per-site basis if you want.

Thanks!
It is working well.

Post by Guest »

Yea but If I block JS as a whole, I can't get into the site, because it's vBulletin. :-/
rtmjr50

Post by rtmjr50 »

Racer wrote:FireFox allows you to enable/disable JS on a per-site basis if you want.

the only way I know of is to check or uncheck the box "enable javascript" and the advance icon does not have any option in it ...

So how?????

I personally would like to learn of a better way ...

thanks ...

later, Richard
Carmenn

Post by Carmenn »

rtmjr50 wrote:

the only way I know of is to check or uncheck the box "enable javascript" and the advance icon does not have any option in it ...

So how?????

I personally would like to learn of a better way ...

thanks ...

later, Richard

Same here.

All I found was some Permissions box that appears to do nothing. :-/
Racer

Post by Racer »

One of the things you can set in a security policy (which is site specific) is whether or not to allow JS to run.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/securit ... olicy.html
HPD

Post by HPD »

Carmenn.

Have a look at Proxomitron

http://www.proxomitron.info/

J