[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
markgale

Re: [Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Post by markgale »

Hi

I have this installed and want to create a Dynamic Tag similiar to <tomorrow> but one that gives the next day Mon-Fri only (skipping weekends).

I have tried to find help on this but work out how to search for help here (just on this extension) and any other help file seems to not mention it.

I also can't work out what the difference is between:

<datetime> new Date().toLocaleString()
<tomorrow> new Date().toLocaleString()

I'm sure it is something obvious that I'm missing but after going over everything, once, then two more times I can't see it.

Ideally what I want is <nextweekday> to = Mon 5 March

Thanks for any pointers.
goldenskyhook

Post by goldenskyhook »

I have tried to change my address several times, but it keeps going back to the old address without my telling it to. I have tried clearing all profiles and everything. How can I get it to save the new profile, so it works. Nothing else really seems to do the job as well, but I have a new address. [-o<
Anakunda

Post by Anakunda »

Hello. I need an advice how to create rule providing more values for same field. If such rule can be written.
Give an example, a field rule is (?:timezone), and I want from AutoFillForms to remember all possible values:

UTC+1:00
UTC+1
GMT+1:00
GMT+1
+1:00
+1
1:00
etc.

Unfortunately various sites us for this field varying value sets. I wanna from AFF to lookup all known values for this field and sends the first one that matches any list field value, if I expressed the problem clearly enough, thanks you.
roomster

Post by roomster »

Hello!

If a webform have two (or more fields) with the same field-name, is it possible to get the script to write test1 in the first instance of the same-name-field, and test2 in the second instance of the same-name-field?

Extremely thankfull for any answers! [-o<
tomser

Post by tomser »

I am looking for a somewhat specific solution to fill out order forms with data from the clipboard and I was wondering if this could be done with the addon Autofill Forms.

In short my requirements are as follows: I copy a single block of text containing a customers name, address, zip-code, city, country, etc. into the clipboard. Now I have to split this data up into junks and fill single fields of a form of another website with this data.

Reason is that we have to transfer orders from one system into another system. I know this is no perfect solution and we are working on an automatic importer but in the meantime this would help reducing our workload a lot.

Could this somehow be done with this addon or do you think it could easily be altered to achieve this goal?

I appreciate your feedback and ideas!

BR, Tom
asaddotcom

Post by asaddotcom »

Hi, i am looking for update to submit forms on all tabs?

I mean, there is an option to fill forms on all tabs, but I need an option to fill out forms AND submit them on all tabs.

I have seen this on Autofill Forms official website in "TODO" list, the team have mentioned there already...
Please inform me when the new update will release with this option?

Thanks
rom10cort

Post by rom10cort »

Hello, I just want to ask the field rule for this form details:

name="user[login]" value=""
name="user[email]" value=""
name="user[display_name]" value=""

name="user[password]" value=""
name="user[password_confirmation]" value=""

I am using old version Firefox 3.6 then the compatible autofill add-on was 0.9.8.3.
geon

Post by geon »

Wish: It would be better to store values not in prefs.js by default (cause there are mostly a lot of data and the prefs.js is really big then and its a little mess there) but into a folder location, like fe. adblock plus: %mozillaprofile%\firefox\Profiles\%user%\autofilldata.. I know it can be managed in Settings, but in my opinion it should be default....
geon

Post by geon »

wish2: would be nice if autofill works with online text editors like tinymce and ckeditor, too.
selvan777

Post by selvan777 »

Been a long time user of Autofill Forms and would hate to give it up but v0.9.8.3 keeps removing my individual account icons in the toolbar from X-notifier, any chance of a fix for this incompatibility?

X-notifier (for Gmail,Hotmail,Yahoo,AOL ...) :: Add-ons for Firefox - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... serprofile
always with the latest version of Firefox & her Add-ons
em28

Post by em28 »

Look like AutofillForms 0.9.9.0 is broken.
on FF18-19-20 there are strange behavior of filling the wrong fields,
adding duplicate profiles and choosing the wrong one to fill the form.

AMO is full with users who are searching for a replacement.

Any idea ?
KA1

Post by KA1 »

em28 wrote:Look like AutofillForms 0.9.9.0 is broken.

Any idea ?

<sarcasm>Did it ever work?</sarcasm> I'm running 18, and yesterday it (perhaps indirectly) worked.

I used Sxipper, until they went belly up. I REALLY miss Sxipper. It wasn't perfect, but it did a lot more that anything I've tried since.

AutofillForms + Secure Login (same devs) is... is... Well, old, unsupported, ignored, poorly implemented, but it has some usefulness. For example, Secure Login does not use the field names stored in FF's passwords. It finds the first password type input box, puts the password there, then puts the username in the previous input box. Nice algorithm!! I have a login that is text:Lastname, password:username, and password:password. I can't force it to work! [Right now, I've been googling for AutofillForms dynamic tags to insert usernames and passwords. Then I'll dump SL. FYI, AutofillForms will store the password value in its profiles. So, if you change your password, you then need to update the profile. sigh.]

Thus far (I'm still looking), the only option I have found is the Abine Privacy Suite(?). Same people, new bloated substitute, still rather flawed.

I got desperate enough to start an attempt to make an Add-on SDK based solution to this problem. I know what would work, how to keep it flexible, but not the time to fully get into all the add-on coding. I'd gladly setup a github project, and let the smart people to the real work. ;)

If anyone if interested/curious, PM me, or something.
em28

Post by em28 »

em28 wrote:Look like AutofillForms 0.9.9.0 is broken.

Any idea ?

A solution til a fix:
- exporting all profiles to a file.
- reset all profiles.
- importing all profiles from the saved file.

I don't no why, but it works. :-k
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

strange behaviors em28? u must be joking, it hasn't been updated since ages & devs have already finished all betas of ff v28 before releasing the stable version,
& the actual version is v27.0.1

so your fix is even out of date, autofillforms doesn't reload "anything". it's actually, the best & most complete form saver & most outdated & unfunctional.

The +: the author doesn't answer emails nor forum dev. posts.
Seanst3r

Post by Seanst3r »

I'm still using FF15 because Autofillforms and my screengrab addons are working great. I hacked aff to cycle thru all matching profiles in order so I can have multiple usernames/passwords for some sites. FF 16 and above don't offer anything I want so until v15 becomes hopelessly out of date I'm clinging to my sweet aff addon. Perhaps some day when I have to upgrade I'll patch the addons. I put a ton of work into fixing and improving screengrab and as soon as I do there's a new version of FF which breaks it. I just can't find the time to keep up to date on what they make or break in every new version, even though I am certain the fixes are fairly simple. I also find the general atmosphere around addon dev for firefox less than ideal, which doesn't help to motivate me. The AFF author is long gone, no point barking up that tree.
--
Sean