[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
animatrinity
Location: the third layer of consciousness, known as 'physical reality'

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2012.04.21.13

Post by animatrinity »

well, @bluefang, it looks like searchmenu updated their extension, and it appears i'm having the same problem again. the progress indicator is back on the left side of the url in the address bar.
fisherman20

Post by fisherman20 »

Well hello, I've got a problem. It appears that the add-on has stopped working. It doesn't show status bar at all anymore:
http://i50.tinypic.com/dmv18l.png

If I go to toolbar customization, it shows, that it should show status text on status bar, but it doesn't.
http://i50.tinypic.com/157pfm.png

However, if I place "status text" above, next to menus, then it shows the aadress. But if I remember correctly, it should also show the status "Done"?
http://i47.tinypic.com/2yoy342.png

I hope you'll understand my problem, my English is a bit rusty hehe :D
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

Been meaning to post this for ages.

When the 'Download Status button' appears in the addon bar and the Customisation is set 'Icons and Text', the arrow is half off over the top border and the text is 90% off the bottom border. Icons by itself and Text by itself are fine.

FF12 for Mac OS 10.7.3

Cheers

EDIT: It seems this problem is associated with the https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cutebuttons-crystal-svg/ CuteButtons - Crystal SVG 0.3.3 by ChoGGi. All appears correctly when I disable his extension. I have emailed him.

Thanks
Aezay

Post by Aezay »

fisherman20 wrote:Well hello, I've got a problem. It appears that the add-on has stopped working. It doesn't show status bar at all anymore:
<snip>

Enable the Addon bar from the View menu -> Toolbars -> Add-on Bar (Ctrl+/).
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

http://files.bluefang-logic.com/firefox ... 20a-fx.xpi

Here's an alpha version which should address the alignment issue with the new identity box in Firefox 14+. I've tested this on Linux with Firefox 12, 13, 14, and 15. I'd appreciate some help verifying this on Windows and OS X.

t3mp wrote:I have weird bug with 2012.04.21.13 version on FF12.0, when clicking "open all in tabs" it's opening only once, second time it's doing nothing...
If you want to open whole folder of bookmarks again you need to restart the FF... :-k
what's wrong?

"Open All in Tabs" seems to be working for me without issue. Can you reproduce the problem with a new profile and a clean install of S4E? It might be another extension that's broken/incompatible.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Seems all is well on XP. Top, bottom and fill progress in the URL bar all align well with the identity box on Firefox 12 release.

On Nightly, with a different identity box, alignment appears to be with the first letter of the URL shown. Top and bottom alignment of progress is good to my old eyes on both versions.

Of course, The status bar always does what it is supposed to do !

Thanks again Bluefang for this "can't live without" extension :D
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Rodze

Post by Rodze »

Bluefang wrote:http://files.bluefang-logic.com/firefox/status4evar-2012.04.29.20a-fx.xpi

Here's an alpha version which should address the alignment issue with the new identity box in Firefox 14+. I've tested this on Linux with.

Alignment looks fine on 12, 13, 14 and 15 on Windows 7. Thanks!

JayhawksRock wrote:Seems all is well on XP. Top, bottom and fill progress in the URL bar all align well with the identity box on Firefox 12 release.

On Nightly, with a different identity box, alignment appears to be with the first letter of the URL shown. Top and bottom alignment of progress is good to my old eyes on both versions.

I don't use the progress bar so I hadn't notice that it starts at the beginning of the url. Since I don't use it so I'll let those who do opine one what they think it's better.
t3mp

Post by t3mp »

yes, u right...
but witch 1 i can't find...
Elomir

Post by Elomir »

The download button shows the average/most complete/least complete download. This is fine, but I would really like to have an option to see one bar for each download (with text still just one average/most complete/least complete download). Is that possible? If so: How do I choose that? If it is not possible: Could you please make it possible in a further Status-4-Evar version, please? [-o<
animatrinity

Post by animatrinity »

animatrinity wrote:well, @bluefang, it looks like searchmenu updated their extension, and it appears i'm having the same problem again. the progress indicator is back on the left side of the url in the address bar.

well, i don't mean to sound impatient, but i hope i get a reply.
yeah, i'm nutty. i dance naked in the rayne and laff at raynebows. what's your idea of a good time.
Bluefang

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2012.05.05.00b

Post by Bluefang »

Version 2012.05.05.00b
* Fix alignment issues with the new identity box in Firefox 14+.
* Fix content pop-up fade in/out effects when displaying links.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... /versions/

Elomir wrote:I would really like to have an option to see one bar for each download... Could you please make it possible in a further Status-4-Evar version, please?

No, I'm not going to implement that for a few reasons.
1. It would be a lot of work
2. Mozilla is implementing it in Firefox 15

https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:P.A./Panel-based_Download_Manager
https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:P.A./Panel-based_Download_Manager/Status

I'll have S4E integrate with the new button/panel in Firefox 15+ to provide the same label/tooltip functionality.

animatrinity wrote:well, i don't mean to sound impatient, but i hope i get a reply.

I can't control what another developer does with their own extension.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
animatrinity

Post by animatrinity »

i figured as much, but i was hoping... well, if you can't update yours, then i'll just keep the feature off. thanks for everything, sorry i wasted your time.
yeah, i'm nutty. i dance naked in the rayne and laff at raynebows. what's your idea of a good time.
Globex.Scorpio

Post by Globex.Scorpio »

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask a question concerning Status-4-Evar! It's been working flawlessly for me ever since I switched away from Firefox 3.6 (and it was one of the extensions that made the new Firefoxen bearable), but it's stopped working now. I'm using the latest general release, 2012.04.21.13.

More precisely, the status bar proper does not show up anymore.

I'm pretty sure it worked until earlier today, or perhaps yesterday. I'm not aware of having changed anything about Firefox's or Status-4-Evar's configuration, and neither did I update either, or any other extension.

Other parts of the add-on are still working fine, as far as I can tell.

I've tried a few "maybe it'll work if I kick it" solutions; disabling and renabling the add-on (no change), uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on (no change), and upgrading to the latest beta release (2012.05.05.00b; also no change). I'm not sure what else I could try.

In case it helps, the only non-default settings (from about:config) are status4evar.download.label; status4evar.download.tooltip; status4evar.firstRun; status4evar.migration; status4evar.progress.toolbar.force; status4evar.progress.urlbar; status4evar.status; and status4evar.status.urlbar.position.

Any ideas? Anyone else seeing the same problem? Anything I can do to fix this, or to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks in advance!
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

If its the bottom bar thats missing press Control+/ or right click on the menu bar and make sure Add-on Bar is [X] checked
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Globex.Scorpio

Post by Globex.Scorpio »

JayhawksRock wrote:If its the bottom bar thats missing press Control+/ or right click on the menu bar and make sure Add-on Bar is [X] checked

Yeah, that turned out to be it. *facepalm* And of course, I realized so five minutes after I posted the above when I wanted to put some UI elements I needed on the URL and menu bars instead, but my post wasn't approved yet, so I couldn't edit/delete it.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time. ;)
Scorpio! He'll sting you with his dreams of power and wealth. Beware of... Scorpio! His twisted twin obsessions are his plot to rule the world and his employees' health!