MozillaZine

Silvermel and Charamel - Themes for Firefox and Thunderbird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Somebody
 
Posts: 74
Joined: January 20th, 2006, 9:17 am

Post Posted May 12th, 2012, 2:51 pm

ShareBird wrote:The new dev version fix this. Thanks for reporting. (Just a pity that I didn't get this report before the release... Because I don't use Thunderbird myself, it's very difficult to catch bugs on it)

Thank you for fixing the issue. All seems fine now. Actually the devs are not the only ones, who are unhappy with the new release cycle... That's the reason, why I'm staying with the 10.0.x ESR builds...

ltsnow

User avatar
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: March 23rd, 2006, 1:49 pm
Location: Valdosta, GA

Post Posted May 12th, 2012, 8:47 pm

Thanks so much ShareBird for the update. Sorry to hear that the devs are making life difficult for you guys. Keep up the good work and now that I will always help you out by testing each build and reporting back. The new dev builds are working fine with Firefox 13 and 15 as well as TBird 13. This is on Windows XP Pro SP3.

thepineapplehead
 
Posts: 52
Joined: September 15th, 2005, 10:59 am

Post Posted May 14th, 2012, 2:54 am

Congrats on the new job, please don't let Firefox development distract you from your employment!

Is it worth slowing down on development for future/nightly/pre-release versions of Firefox? Due to the amount of changes/rapid release cycle, would it be better just focusing on proper release versions only, and waiting for nightly features/changes to actually make it into release?

I'm sure the community would understand :)

Peja Stija

User avatar
 
Posts: 505
Joined: June 4th, 2008, 8:46 am
Location: Belgium (proud producer of waffles)

Post Posted May 14th, 2012, 5:21 am

I can really understand how frustrating it must be (trying) to keep up with the schizo FF-dev team's decisions, they add 5 half-assed things, they remove 4 again, they put 2 back, they remove 1 again and backout the other, etc ...etc....

thomi_ch
 
Posts: 3
Joined: March 11th, 2010, 1:34 am

Post Posted May 14th, 2012, 6:51 am

Hey all

I think there is a little bug anywhere ;) don't wan't say, that it is in Silvermel/Caramel..
My system:
TB 12.0.1 on Kunbuntu 11.10
I use QuickFolders addon, wich adds a new tab toolbar.

See images:
One screenshot is with enabled and one with disabled mailtoolbar.
enabled mailtoolbar - http://i.imgur.com/VFPHt.png
disabled mailtoolbar - http://i.imgur.com/wqtrS.png

Following image is a screenshot of standard TB theme with disabled mailtoolbar...
http://i.imgur.com/7QTk7.png

In Silvermel is a space if mailtoolbar is enabled/disabled.. If Mailtoolbar is disabled, the QuickFolders toolbar rolls over the main panes..

I also tested other themes (Phoenity, TT DeepDark) and they work fine...

Thanks for response what to do..

regards
thomi

MilchFlasche
 
Posts: 36
Joined: July 14th, 2004, 7:32 pm
Location: Taiwan, an island country between East Asia and West Pacific

Post Posted May 14th, 2012, 11:23 pm

Hi guys, and special thanks as always to ShareBird:

Recently (within these several days) I found that I can only wear Personas on the status bar with Charamel enabled, and the tab bar and other toolbars remain the original Charamel style without the Persona background. Am I missing some earlier post? Please kindly direct me if this is a recently known issue, thanks!

Or am I the only one encountering this behavior ;)
A whole new history is beginning...

ShareBird

User avatar
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: December 8th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: Berlin | Made in Brasil

Post Posted May 15th, 2012, 6:05 am

thepineapplehead wrote:Congrats on the new job, please don't let Firefox development distract you from your employment!

Is it worth slowing down on development for future/nightly/pre-release versions of Firefox? Due to the amount of changes/rapid release cycle, would it be better just focusing on proper release versions only, and waiting for nightly features/changes to actually make it into release?

I'm sure the community would understand :)

Thank you thepineapplehead!
The problem with this approach is that normally things are merged to the betas at a bunch; I'm afraid if I wait until things land on the beta channel, the weekend would be not enough to work the amount of changes.

thomi_ch wrote:Hey all

I think there is a little bug anywhere ;) don't wan't say, that it is in Silvermel/Caramel..
My system:
TB 12.0.1 on Kunbuntu 11.10
I use QuickFolders addon, wich adds a new tab toolbar.

See images:
One screenshot is with enabled and one with disabled mailtoolbar.
enabled mailtoolbar - http://i.imgur.com/VFPHt.png
disabled mailtoolbar - http://i.imgur.com/wqtrS.png

Following image is a screenshot of standard TB theme with disabled mailtoolbar...
http://i.imgur.com/7QTk7.png

In Silvermel is a space if mailtoolbar is enabled/disabled.. If Mailtoolbar is disabled, the QuickFolders toolbar rolls over the main panes..

I also tested other themes (Phoenity, TT DeepDark) and they work fine...

Thanks for response what to do..

regards
thomi

I will fix this in the next version. Thanks for reporting it! ;-)

MilchFlasche wrote:Hi guys, and special thanks as always to ShareBird:

Recently (within these several days) I found that I can only wear Personas on the status bar with Charamel enabled, and the tab bar and other toolbars remain the original Charamel style without the Persona background. Am I missing some earlier post? Please kindly direct me if this is a recently known issue, thanks!

Or am I the only one encountering this behavior ;)

Personas is working fine for me:
Image
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.

loveforty
 
Posts: 1
Joined: May 15th, 2012, 8:46 am

Post Posted May 15th, 2012, 9:32 am

Hello ShareBird,

New user of Silvermel: very nice theme!!!!!

Just to let you know that some icons are not displayed in Thunderbird addressbook window.
This is due to bad url's (4 of them) in addressbook.css file:

url("chrome://messenger/skin/addressbook/icons/icons/addrbook.png");
instead of
url("chrome://messenger/skin/addressbook/icons/addrbook.png");

Nicer when those icons are showing up!!!!!

Regards
Loveforty

TechnoLurker
 
Posts: 51
Joined: November 9th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Post Posted May 15th, 2012, 11:04 am

Always love the updates, Sharebird. Thank you for Silvermel and Charamel.

ShareBird

User avatar
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: December 8th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: Berlin | Made in Brasil

Post Posted May 15th, 2012, 1:03 pm

@loveforty,
thank you very much! Very good catch. ;-)

@TechnoLurker,
you are welcome! :-)
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.

Sjamon
 
Posts: 5
Joined: May 16th, 2012, 1:45 am

Post Posted May 16th, 2012, 2:06 am

@sidebar :

In the Add-ons Manager the "n enabled, n disabled" on the top left is not displayed properly and quite unreadable. Also the "tiles" view (that I don't use) of the add-ons manager is quite unreadable.

I believe this is not due to Silvermel but to Cleanest Addon Manager, as I had the very same issue and found out it doesn't happen when the latter is disabled. I also found out a way to partly solve the problem, so if you're using it too I'll explain you the trick to get the counter in back good place, but I have no solution for the tiles view... I'm not using it either so I really don't mind that :lol:

b) Personally, I find that the envelope symbol that Silvermel puts in front of every subject line of each email in the list pane is superfluous and uses up space. It's superfluous because the bold/not bold status of the email (and the colour of that tiny circle of the "Read" column) indicates the read/unread status much better than the slightly changing Silvermel symbol. But others might miss the aesthetic touch Silvermel adds to the subject line. For my taste it's a bit too much of superfluous "aestheticism". Though I'm not sure, could be I'd miss it if it's gone. ;-)

I would definitely miss it if it's gone, so don't you give bad ideas to someone here [-X
Moreover it's not a "space waste" specific to Silvermel, since even the standard theme uses this space for the blue and orange arrows (replied / forwarded) or just leaves it blank ... Silvermel just adds a slick touch to it :wink:

sidebar
 
Posts: 38
Joined: April 21st, 2006, 7:20 am

Post Posted May 17th, 2012, 2:50 am

Sjamon wrote:@sidebar :
I believe this is not due to Silvermel but to Cleanest Addon Manager

You are right about the Tiles View and Cleanest Addon Manager. I only just now noticed that those two numbers of enabled and disabled add-ons seem to be provided by Cleanest itself, and the "Tiles View" seems to be provided by Silvermel itself.

If you were right about those two issues, I suppose you are also right about the "envelope" issue ;). (Having no envelope icon would save about three millimetres on my screen though #-o)

Xaemyl
 
Posts: 15
Joined: August 9th, 2004, 6:35 pm

Post Posted May 18th, 2012, 6:15 am

ShareBird wrote:
Xaemyl wrote:I may have found a bug with 1.5.3 (I'm using Thunderbird 12.0.1 [release channel]). The menu bar appears to be a really dark gray, where the rest of the colors the theme is supposed to be are normal. The dark gray menu bar was also present in the 1.5.2pre_trunk_r5462 build.

Otherwise most excellent theme (as usual :D)

I'm unable to see the issue you are reporting... Could you please post a screenshot??


Forgive me. Here's 2 screenshots to better illustrate what I've been seeing (dunno if its a bug or a feature hehe)

r5363
Image

r5490
Image

The menu bar (between the title bar and the button bar in case "menu bar" isn't the correct word lol) in r5490 is darker than r5363. It isn't really all that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but it gives an uneven appearance ... at least to my eyes.

Edit (for clarification): The title bar is darker in the r5490 screenshot because Thunderbird was focused, whereas in the r5363 screenshot, it wasn't.

ShareBird

User avatar
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: December 8th, 2004, 7:09 am
Location: Berlin | Made in Brasil

Post Posted May 18th, 2012, 11:34 am

Hmmm.... Where are your tabs???
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.

Xaemyl
 
Posts: 15
Joined: August 9th, 2004, 6:35 pm

Post Posted May 18th, 2012, 2:03 pm

ShareBird wrote:Hmmm.... Where are your tabs???


If I have only one tab open, tabs are hidden. If I open a message, the tabs will appear.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest