Make Link 2.0

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

sasquatch wrote:1.0 Final is out. Make Link still no worky worky.

Thanks.

Really? I repackaged my copy by updating the maxVersion, and I'm having no problems at all. I was even able to create a custom linkstyle successfully. What's broken?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

No, I mean the "stock" one. I don't monkey around inside extensions. Too much else to do and too much else to go wrong without worrying about that. I'd rather wait then.

PLUS, just think of all the new users coming here who won't be able to use it.
finuvir

Post by finuvir »

The new version works in version 1.0. Get it from here. I'll put it on my other host when I can get through to the FTP server. You may need to download it and install locally, as it won't be served with the right type.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Maybe you should make it 2.1 so people can tell the difference.
finuvir

Post by finuvir »

There is no difference. The install manifest is part of the XPI file, but it's not part of the extension.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

There must be SOME difference, because this one works, and the old one didn't.
finuvir

Post by finuvir »

Extensions come accompanied by a manifest specifying some basci details about them, including minimum and maximum versions that they are known to work with. Firefox disables extensions that don't claim to work with your version of the browser. The new XPI just has a different manifest specifying the maximum version as 1.0+ instead of 0.10+; the extension itself is identical.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

finuvir, I love your extension, but I've noticed a couple places where, when I click on a link, the page information is copied, not the link information. Are you interested in the pages where this happens (I'll PM you) or do you already know about this.

I just installed the latest version from SoylentRed.net - Projects > makelink and still see the problem on those pages

Help MozillaZine: Donate! or Buy Something!
finuvir

Post by finuvir »

Go ahead and give me some links. I haven't touched Make Link in a while so I won't guarantee a fix but I'll have a look and see if I'm inspired.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

ok, PM sent

Help MozillaZine: Donate! or Buy Something!
DN123ABC

Re: Make Link 2.0

Post by DN123ABC »

I somehow got my home system onto version 57, and "Make Link" is one of my more used extensions, which not only stopped working, it is just plain GONE.

Any chances of resurrecting this one?

Thanks.