[ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
haselnuss

Re: [ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Post by haselnuss »

@sidebar:
You can disable the "edit bar" after you click with the right mouse button on the icon of ScrapBook Plus in the "Add-on Bar" of Firefox and select "Edit before capture" or "Edit toolbar".

@Noooooo:
I might include this feature in version 2.

@nodiscc:
Dragging a link to the sidebar of ScrapBook Plus already results in a capture action?!

@bu2veille:
If you are still having problems, send me a personal message.
sidebar

Post by sidebar »

haselnuss wrote:You can disable the "edit bar" after you click with the right mouse button on the icon of ScrapBook Plus in the "Add-on Bar" of Firefox and select "Edit before capture" or "Edit toolbar".

Ah, I see, thanks! (I had that icon hidden as I used to open ScrapBook with its icon from "Customize..." or with alt+k).
pg111

How to capture embedded Flash videos?

Post by pg111 »

Hi everybody,

What should I do in order to capture any embedded videos from the captured URLS? I can get all the linked files but videos.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

PG
haselnuss

Re: How to capture embedded Flash videos?

Post by haselnuss »

pg111 wrote:Hi everybody,

What should I do in order to capture any embedded videos from the captured URLS? I can get all the linked files but videos.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

PG

As long as the video is linked directly and no java script is used, you should have no problems. If you want me to check this for you, I need the URL of the website you want to capture. Send me a private message here in the forum or an e-mail.
jwalzer50

Post by jwalzer50 »

Hazelnuss,

I really appreciate SB+. It's been a godsend. I do have a few feature requests though. I'm not sure if this is the right place for a feature request, but I don't see another one, so here goes:

• I'd love to see SB+ enable a default folder other than root. This could be either by last used or by preference selection (or both with a way to choose between them)
  • I'd love to see the option to include the date of the capture in the sidebar list without having to go into properties. When I saved a page is often important and it can be quite tedious to open properties to find it. I've taken to including the date in some captures but that's clearly not ideal.
  • [list=]When adding highlights it'd be nice to be able to pick a default let's say Style 1 and then have SB+ automatically apply that style to any selected text. It would save a lot of trips down to the Styles list at the bottom to repeatedly select the same thing. I've seen other programs do that; I don't remember offhand which, though one may be the Mac PDF program Skim.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Is it possible to get css colors as hex values instead of rgb values?

Also, even though the name is always there when I capture pages, the name is never retained when I go into the default folder. It's always date-stamped. Is there a way to remedy this?
malaman

Post by malaman »

Hey Haselnuss,

Excellent work with ScrapBook Plus. The best plugin ever for Firefox! I've been using it for a while but I'm having a small problem that I couldn't find an answer.

I want to download an entire website that I need to be logged in before downloading. So far, no problem, I just log in then start ScrapBook+. But the problem appears as soon as ScrapBook+ starts: it logout of the website and so it gets a different version of the page that is not good.

I can just login again, and so if goes back saving the right pages, but then after 30s, it logouts again and I need to be loggin in every minute or so.

If I don't use ScrapBook+, the my account doesn't logout, it's just when I'm saving the pages. Any suggestions while working with these sites that needs login?

Thanks!
Marco
malaman

Post by malaman »

Solution: While not able to fully understand why this happened, I was able to solve it by adding some filters... Most of the times the plugin was clicking on the logout link, so I filtered this page and a few others, and I'm saving the page and it seems to work great!
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

jwalzer50 wrote:I'd love to see SB+ enable a default folder other than root. This could be either by last used or by preference selection (or both with a way to choose between them)

Do you want an additional entry in the context menu of Firefox or something else? There are many ways to realize a feature like this. I will think about it, if you go into detail?
jwalzer50 wrote:I'd love to see the option to include the date of the capture in the sidebar list without having to go into properties. When I saved a page is often important and it can be quite tedious to open properties to find it. I've taken to including the date in some captures but that's clearly not ideal.

Sounds like a "special request" to me, which would not be used by many users. I do not have the time to care about maintenance, the integration of new features and "special requests" too. Sorry.
jwalzer50 wrote:When adding highlights it'd be nice to be able to pick a default let's say Style 1 and then have SB+ automatically apply that style to any selected text. It would save a lot of trips down to the Styles list at the bottom to repeatedly select the same thing. I've seen other programs do that; I don't remember offhand which, though one may be the Mac PDF program Skim.

Have you tried the keyboard shortcuts already? Programming a feature like this is not easy, as I have to think about a mechanism, which will start this highlighting action "automatically".
Kayla wrote:Is it possible to get css colors as hex values instead of rgb values?

Sounds like a "special request" to me, which would not be used by many users. I do not have the time to care about maintenance, the integration of new features and "special requests" too. Sorry.
Kayla wrote:Also, even though the name is always there when I capture pages, the name is never retained when I go into the default folder. It's always date-stamped. Is there a way to remedy this?

What do you mean with "when I go into the default folder"?
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Many people use hex values instead of rgb values but it's good to know that I did not miss something in options.

As for default folder, I mean every folder is contained within my Scrapbooks Plus > Data folder, instead of seeing the title, it is always date/time-stamped. I thought I might be doing something wrong.

http://i48.tinypic.com/biqpnq.png

haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Kayla wrote:As for default folder, I mean every folder is contained within my Scrapbooks Plus > Data folder, instead of seeing the title, it is always date/time-stamped. I thought I might be doing something wrong.

No, you did not make something wrong. ScrapBook Plus is using a time stamp as folder name.
gollab

Post by gollab »

Is there any possibility to scrape whole page (option Complete website, not HTML only) by using Capturing by URL option?

I have noticed that when I drag the tab in firefox and drop it within scrapbook list the page is saved completely. When I use option 'capturing by URLs' and I paste the same URL, the page is saved like HTML only. Is any possibility to scrape the complete website by using option capturing by URL? Or may it be possible to have choise how to save it?

Best regards,
gollab
yohocoma

Post by yohocoma »

It doesn't seem possible to save Disqus comments on pages which include them. Can this problem be verified, and even better a solution be suggested?

Disqus is a very popular networked commenting system in use on the web now, used by many sites.

As an example, try scrapbooking this page:

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/06/20-2

All of the comments in the lower portion of the page will be lost by Scrapbook+ and replaced with:

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the Application configuration. It must match one of the Connect or Canvas URLs or domain must be the same as or a subdomain of one of the Application's base domains."

when reloading the scrapbooked page.
Mojorissin

Post by Mojorissin »

Here is my problem : in SB in FF 3.6.28 on my IronKey i have been saving various pages & documents . They auto save into the profile OK . In order to make sense out of these i put them into various Folders but i have as yet not found the/a way of saving these Folders . The consequence of this is every time i move to another browser ( like today i am experimenting with FF 13.0.1 & SB+ ) i can import the individual items only but not the Folders also alot of the icons do not import . Am i doing something wrong? It would be far simpler for me to be able to import the pre-filled Folders

Please can anyone advise ?
Apologies if i shouldn't be posting here ( what we need is a dedicated SB forum ! i couldn't find one )

Kind regards
Mojorissin

Edit - all sorted out now !dragging & dropping exporting & importing , highlighting etc ....

20/10 for SP+ ; looking forwards to version 2
BlindB

Post by BlindB »

Thank you for this extension!
ScrapBook Plus is perfect extention for firefox. Use it almost every day.
I want to sync ScrapBook notes between two or more browsers.
It is possible with dropbox for example, sync ScrapBook folder.
But if I save page on one PC - another PC show it in list only if restart browser.
Please, can you make a button/menu item for manually reload scrapbook.rdf (or what it want to show updated list of pages) without restart firefox?