Bug? Unknown property: '-moz-border-radius'

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
JohnWoram

Bug? Unknown property: '-moz-border-radius'

Post by JohnWoram »

Ever since upgrading to version 13, the web developer toolbar's error console reports the following for every page I look at:

Unknown property '-moz-border-radius'. Declaration dropped.

The message appears even if the page validates in HTML and CSS. Since this message did not appear in previous versions, I figure there's a bug somewhere that needs to be squashed. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
rob64rock

Re: Bug? Unknown property: '-moz-border-radius'

Post by rob64rock »

Fx 13+ & newer have dropped support for the -moz prefix (border-radius and box-shadow), so sites will have to update there webpages code for them to appear correctly on Fx 13+ & newer. Note: Since the Fx 4 release, sites have been aware they could use (border-radius & box-shadow) without the -moz prefix. The only reason for any site to keep the -moz prefix is so it can continue to support Fx 3.6* or older versions.

Due to Bug 693510 - drop support for prefixes from border-radius* and box-shadow

One of Mozilla's own sites hasn't been updated yet.
Bug 763155 - Plugin check page is using the -moz prefix for border-radius and box-shadow.
JohnWoram

Post by JohnWoram »

Well, something's really odd here: My own sites validate strict XHTML and CSS 2.1, and I've never used the -moz prefix, nor border-radius or box-shadow. Also, every page I've checked so far, and that includes this one, reports the same error. I suppose I can live with it, but it would sure be nice to find a way to kill it, and/or a site somewhere out there that does not show the error message.
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

Possibly an extension is loading things and uses -moz?
JohnWoram

Post by JohnWoram »

Bingo!! I disabled some extensions and found the culprit -- It's avast! WebRep 7.0.1426 ("Web Reputation Plugin").

Thanks muchly for the tip -- it hadn't dawned on me to suspect an extension was causing the problem. Maybe it's time to drop a note to the folks at Avast Software.