[Ext] Foobar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
revenantunknown

Re: [Ext] Foobar

Post by revenantunknown »

Hi there, absolutely love the add-on, it's probably my single most-used addition to Firefox. However, since version 13 of Firefox has been released, I've found that no matter what Search Engine I have selected, Foobar will always search using Google. Has anyone else had this problem?
craigpierce

Post by craigpierce »

Hello All -

Thank you for your continued use of Foobar!!! You've all been very patient with me, and I appreciate it.

I've been waiting for Mozilla's Add-on SDK to be feature-complete enough for me to use for Foobar - but it's just not quite there yet, and I realize that as of Firefox 13 I can wait no longer.

I'm currently working on v2.0 - which is a ground-up rewrite - and I will be seriously evaluating each and every piece of functionality. Some pieces might change, and some may be taken out altogether. Ultimately, I want Foobar to be lean and easy to use...

Thanks again for your patience - Craig
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

A couple of problems hoping you will fix with V2.0.

1. There is a conflict with the add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r/?src=api This add-on places a hovered link on the URL bar instead of the bottom left of the window. The search engine icon is no longer visible on the URL bar with this add-on.

2. Without your add-on, entering something like cnn will take me to http://www.cnn.com because I setup Fx to append www. and .com. With your add-on it will do a search using the search engine icon that is showing. Can there be an option to not have any search engine for those times that I want to use the append feature, or some other method to accomplish the same thing?
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
borayeris

Post by borayeris »

Max number of URL suggestion is broken. Even I made it 50 it shows 13 of them.
spideymouse

Post by spideymouse »

Not sure if craigpierce/encoder is still supporting this add-on, but it does not fully function in Fx36. The autocomplete does not work. There are several comments about it in the add-on's comments page.