How do I manually cleans the garbage of FF?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
cameliaspeed

How do I manually cleans the garbage of FF?

Post by cameliaspeed »

Hi

I know FF has built-in functionality to clean history, cache, cookies
I know there are programs such as CCleaner that do the same
I want to learn ok?

When I want to clean (index.dat, Temp, Cookies, History..) running IE 8, I create another account and from this "new account" I move all the IE 8 contents to another folder, next I create a partition and move this folder to this partition, finally Format and Wipe this partition with Acronis

I know the locations where all the "garbage" stores in IE 8, but I am lost with Firefox

IE 8

In IE 8 I delete all the content in these locations manually

\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Cookies\index.dat
\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat
\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\************\index.dat
\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local
\Settings\History\History.IE5\************\index.dat
\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local
\Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat
And others paths

But with FF I am lost

I hash of the folders and subfolder of FireFox/Mozilla
Which folder do I have to delete? I do not want to have any "garbage"

If I can understand how to clean all the Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history... manually using FF it will change my Life!!!

*Cookies (Tracking cooking found)
**I do not have History, No Bookmark (Testing)
*** I do not know if this are the Bookmarks read **

Could you Pleace mark as Garbage the path I have to delete?

C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\
profiles.ini
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports\
InstallTime20120614114901
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default
cert8.db
chromeappsstore.sqlite
compatibility.ini
content-prefs.sqlite
cookies.sqlite -GARBAGE- *
downloads.sqlite
extensions.ini
extensions.sqlite
formhistory.sqlite
key3.db
localstore.rdf
mimeTypes.rdf
parent.lock
permissions.sqlite
places.sqlite -GARBAGE- **
pluginreg.dat
prefs.js
search.json
search.sqlite
secmod.db
sessionstore.bak
sessionstore.js
signons.sqlite
urlclassifierkey3.txt
webappsstore.sqlite
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\bookmarkbackups
bookmarks-2012-06-26.json -GARBAGE- ***
bookmarks-2012-06-27.json -GARBAGE- ***

---

C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\

C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default
urlclassifier.pset
urlclassifier3.sqlite
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache
_CACHE_001_
_CACHE_002_
_CACHE_003_
_CACHE_MAP_
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\0\A2
FDB9Fd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\1\26
F41D8d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\1\3C
5A23Ad01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\1\4D
BA260d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\1\91
73C2Bd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\2\31
87467d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\2\32
76A90d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\2\C0
13646d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\2\D0
9FCA5d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\2\E3
6BF1Cd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\3\FC
F93FEd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\3\FD
01AD1d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\4\5B
9BDDAd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\4\92
3CE61d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\4\F4
C8179d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\5\C5
5C5F4d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\6\6D
EE8CCd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\6\76
CB2CBd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\6\B8
58B8Ed01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\6\C9
E831Cd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\7\49
8C718d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\8\1B
70757d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\8\69
AE8B6d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\8\AE
CC4D6d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\8\DF
C832Cd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\9\CE
C08CBd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\A\16
B5FEAd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\A\8A
994ABd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\A\A0
08EE6d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\B\84
AFDA8d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\B\88
F0DA4d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\C\C6
7C3ECd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\D\13
1E981d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\E\14
333E2d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\E\91
F5FD0d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\E\B4
BCD3Dd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\E\D4
1CD3Cd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\E\FA
DE3B9d01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\F\8A
BAE5Bd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache\F\A4
099BAd01
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\OfflineCache
index.sqlite
C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\startupCache
startupCache.4.little

Thank you very much in advance
JayhawksRock

Re: How do I manually cleans the garbage of FF?

Post by JayhawksRock »

Open Firefox. Do Ctrl+Shift+Delete then check the boxes for what you want to delete and in the dropdown at the top choose the period of time. Click clear now... done
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

cameliaspeed, places.sqlite has all your bookmarks.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
cameliaspeed

Post by cameliaspeed »

JayhawksRock wrote:Open Firefox. Do Ctrl+Shift+Delete then check the boxes for what you want to delete and in the dropdown at the top choose the period of time. Click clear now... done

I know FF has built-in functionality to clean history, cache, cookies, I know how to delete from FF, i want to learn how to do this task manually... is this possible?
Thank you
Camelia
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

cameliaspeed wrote:I know FF has built-in functionality to clean history, cache, cookies, I know how to delete from FF, i want to learn how to do this task manually... is this possible?

Well, learning is not me telling you how to do something. So, backup this folder - C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\ and this one - C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\

...and then go back to the original folders and, er, start deleting stuff. You'll soon learn what you can safely delete or not.

Good luck.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
cameliaspeed

Post by cameliaspeed »

RobertJ wrote:.
cameliaspeed, places.sqlite has all your bookmarks.

Thank you I also know that
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Places.sqlite

Came
Thank you
Camelia
cameliaspeed

Post by cameliaspeed »

Frank Lion wrote:
cameliaspeed wrote:I know FF has built-in functionality to clean history, cache, cookies, I know how to delete from FF, i want to learn how to do this task manually... is this possible?

Well, learning is not me telling you how to do something. So, backup this folder - C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\ and this one - C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\

...and then go back to the original folders and, er, start deleting stuff. You'll soon learn what you can safely delete or not.

Good luck.

You are right, this is a good start, but provide me with more information of where the "garbage" stores I can learn fast :-k

Came
Thank you
Camelia
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

cameliaspeed wrote:.. but provide me with more information of where the "garbage" stores I can learn fast :-k

Close Firefox and delete -

C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\Cache

C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\
cookies.sqlite
downloads.sqlite
formhistory.sqlite
places.sqlite
sessionstore.bak
sessionstore.js
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
cameliaspeed

Post by cameliaspeed »

Frank Lion wrote:
cameliaspeed wrote:.. but provide me with more information of where the "garbage" stores I can learn fast :-k

Close Firefox and delete -

C:\Documents and Settings\Camelia Colin\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\tj6un7g4.default\
cookies.sqlite
downloads.sqlite
formhistory.sqlite
places.sqlite
sessionstore.bak
sessionstore.js

Thank you very much :D
Thank you
Camelia
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

cameliaspeed wrote:I want to learn ok?

I suppose one way to learn is to fix it until it breaks. If it does break at some later time when you least expect it, please don't expect us to figure out what you've done wrong. :mrgreen: Otherwise, have at it. Good luck.
Last edited by VanillaMozilla on July 2nd, 2012, 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

VanillaMozilla wrote:

I suppose one way to learn is to fix it until it breaks. If it does break at some later time when you least expect it, please expect us to figure out what you've done wrong. Otherwise, have at it. Good luck.

Don't you mean please DON'T :?: :-"

I hope.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Urk.
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Keep a pencil and piece of paper handy and record your changes manually.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
cameliaspeed

Post by cameliaspeed »

VanillaMozilla wrote:

I suppose one way to learn is to fix it until it breaks. If it does break at some later time when you least expect it, please don't expect us to figure out what you've done wrong. :mrgreen: Otherwise, have at it. Good luck.

OK, you also right, but please understand I do not have the time to break my FF installation, and then try to fix it
If I do not have to expect from you to figure out what I have done wrong, where is the support? I really want to switch to FF, I tired browsing under IE 8/9

I do not understand, you maybe have years using FF, I am newbie!! :oops:

Camelia
Thank you
Camelia
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

OK, Camelia, maybe that's being too harsh. You've got the right files, and by now I guess you've deleted them. The only thing I would suggest is that if you do this again (or even if you don't), make a backup of the profile if you didn't already. You probably don't need to make a backup of the cache.

The only thing is, if you really mess up some time, we might spend hours and hours trying to figure out what you did and how to fix it, and we might still fail. Or we can tell you to create a new profile and start over. That would take you a couple of minutes, but you would have to find your bookmarks, passwords, and other data, and add them to your new profile. This is not really difficult, though.
Last edited by VanillaMozilla on July 3rd, 2012, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.