How do I Clean up Temporary Internet Files in the FIREFOX br

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
cagemanager

How do I Clean up Temporary Internet Files in the FIREFOX br

Post by cagemanager »

How do I Clean up Temporary Internet Files in the FIREFOX browser?

Post by Guest »

Tools ->Options ->Privacy ->Cache ->Clear

Post by Guest »

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Any time :)

Post by Guest »

It does not work
rtmjr50

Post by rtmjr50 »

Anonymous wrote:It does not work

why? ,,,,,
Rule #1: My computer is always right, the human is always the problem .. RULE #2: See Rule #1
using Win XP/SP2 (home) FF1.5.0.9 FF2.0.0.1 FF3a1 Tbird1.5.0.9 ==> Press for More Answers <==
No colours in sig please.

Post by Guest »

lot's of things around here do not work. Everyone writes in with their problems but no one seems to fix anything. For the first couple of months Firefox was great. Now everyting is turning up it's toes.
azmar

Post by azmar »

Anonymous wrote:It does not work
Immediately after clearing your cache by following the steps above, type about:cache?device=disk into your url bar. If you don't see a long list of items on the page, then the cache should indeed be cleared.
MechR

Post by MechR »

Sometimes after browsing for a while, emptying the cache doesn't work completely. It'll work after exiting Firefox and relaunching it.

Also, Firefox doesn't store its cache in the Temporary Internet Files folder that IE uses. I actually don't know where/how it's stored exactly...
recyclop

Post by recyclop »

I launched firefox exe, it goes through the motions but no luck. no icon and no firefox
Saleh18@yahoo.com

Re: How do I Clean up Temporary Internet Files in the FIREFO

Post by Saleh18@yahoo.com »

cagemanager wrote:How do I Clean up Temporary Internet Files in the FIREFOX browser?

{
Tempo. Internet Files can be removed by the following menu items:
Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Clear (All if you want or item specific)
}

{
Location of the Cache files is under " %WINDOWS INSTALLED DRIVE%:\Documents and Settings\%USER NAME%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles "
}

THIS IS MY OWN EFFORTS TO ANSWER YOUR CONCERN (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Saleh from Egypt.

Post by Guest »

Cagemanager, i have had the same problem with 1.0, clearing cache does not clear the cache at all 80% of the time, the rest it might clear some of it, but not all, it NEVER fully clears the cache, i have used 'the cleaner' ext as well as 'X', still won't clear, tried different profiles, no joy!
Get <a href="http://www.ccleaner.com/">CCleaner</a> it'll clear Ffx's cache as well as a whole host of other crap on your system all at once, it's free also :)
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Second that, CCleaner excellent program.
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 124.0.1, Developer Edition 125.0b5, Nightly 126.0a1.
blackkats4

Post by blackkats4 »

Hi ya all, They are right, ff cache does not sit in the Temp Int folder. It is in the Mozilla program.

by the way, I Know alot of stuf is caught in the "TEMP" folder..Right under the TIF in your menu tree.
To clean the TEMP, TIF, recycle bin here is what you do.
Go to your desk top, (many ways to do this, this is just one)
double Click on My Computer, right click on c: drive, go down to properties, click on it. A window will open (this is your properties for your c drive. If you have your disk partitioned you can also do this for the others d: etc or what ever name you gave the partitons)
you will see a pie graft towards the bottom of the window. This shows you how much space you have used and how much is left.
To the right of the graft there is a button that says "Disk Clean"
Click this, a little window will come up working on reading your HD.
Then a bigger window will open and have a list in a pane towards the top, (TIFS, Offline webpages, downloaded program files, recycle bin and Temp files) you can scroll down this list and as you get to one a discription of it's use is listed right under the display box. You can check which ones you want cleaned and then click OK. Doesn't hurt to do this once a week or so.

You can also go to TEMP File in your menu tree (right click on start and click explore) Just go in and put the files in order by ext. (Click the "type" at the top of window. and it will sort by exts) Scroll down the list in the right window.
These are the exts that you can delete. Bitmap Image, Gif Image, JPEG Image, MIDI, MP3, REAL PLAYER PRES., Shockwave Flash Object, WAVE Sound, Windows Media.

The first 3 are self explanitory, they are picture files that websites have downloaded to your puter. All the rest, are flashes, vidios and music that you have played on a website and it downloaded to the puter to play.

I know this is alot of information but it really is a very easy procedure...and will free up a ton of space especially if you have alot of BITMAP images THey are "BIG" files. and so are most of the media files.

You can go to the top of the tool bar and on Views you can click the "as webpage" and it will put alittle left side space. When you click on a file (bitmap, jpeg and gif) you will see a little preview on the left side. So you can actually see that you are deleting.
Alot of the BITMAP Images are HEADERS (adds) from websites. And really nead to go...

If you have any questions or suggestions. you can mail me at blackkats4@gmail.com
blackkats4

Ok I am Pee oed... used CC and now the windows wont open

Post by blackkats4 »

Anonymous wrote:Cagemanager, i have had the same problem with 1.0, clearing cache does not clear the cache at all 80% of the time, the rest it might clear some of it, but not all, it NEVER fully clears the cache, i have used 'the cleaner' ext as well as 'X', still won't clear, tried different profiles, no joy!
Get <a href="http://www.ccleaner.com/">CCleaner</a> it'll clear Ffx's cache as well as a whole host of other crap on your system all at once, it's free also :)

when you click open or ne tab. I am mad.....