Fx4* .css tweaks

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Zoolcar9

Re: Fx4* .css tweaks

Post by Zoolcar9 »

At viewtopic.php?p=12120719#p12120719 Frank Lion wrote:Here's an extension that is SO useful if you do UI .css - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... inspector/

You know, like all the things that popped up and disappeared when you used to try and get the DOMi on them?

Same concept with my custom button, except that I use right-click, not shift+right-click.
My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Zoolcar9 wrote:
Frank Lion wrote:You know, like all the things that popped up and disappeared when you used to try and get the DOMi on them?

Same concept with my custom button, except that I use right-click, not shift+right-click.

*facepalm* ....*sigh*.....I've been using an old version of your DOMi custom button for ages which didn't have that option and didn't realise you had done a new version. Bugger. :)

Incidentally, for anyone not using the Custom Buttons extension, you really should be. There are over 500 buttons available for it or you can write your own. One extension that gives you, say, 10 buttons makes much more sense than installing 10 extensions to do the same.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
makondo

Post by makondo »

Over 600 now. 596 old ones, from CB² + new buttons recently created (posted on CB forum under Buttons made by users).
Some CB² buttons are no longer needed, some might not work due to Fx changes in the past 2 years but all of my 30 CB² buttons, for instance, still work fine.
The latest working CB version 0.0.5.6pre3 is here.

EDIT: BTW, there's a button by srazzano which inserts favs back to urlbar.
Peja Stija

Post by Peja Stija »

Thanks for pointing to these custombuttons,
does anyone know where to find the following buttons please ?

- A button that takes me to the addons page directly instead of going through the menus.
- Same thing but for cookies on current page's domain.
- Same thing but for stored passwords on current page's domain.
makondo

Post by makondo »

You should post in the CB forum, this thread is about Fx css tweaks.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Peja Stija wrote:Thanks for pointing to these custombuttons,
does anyone know where to find the following buttons please ?

- A button that takes me to the addons page directly instead of going through the menus.

{Ctrl + Shft + A} - unless there's a reason you can't use the keyboard with your left hand-??

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Peja Stija

Post by Peja Stija »

I am lefthanded, so i use my mouse with my left hand :)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

the-edmeister wrote:{Ctrl + Shft + A} - unless there's a reason you can't use the keyboard with your left hand-??

You should post in the Hotkey forum, this thread is about Fx css tweaks.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
makondo

Post by makondo »

Peja Stija, here we go. You can ask your questions there.
Peja Stija

Post by Peja Stija »

Since v14 the code below doesn't work anymore for coloring bookmarks & bookmarkfolders in the bookmarks bar.
Anyone know what has changed ?

Code: Select all

/* Colorize the bookmark folders in the Bookmark toolbar LIGHTSKYBLUE when hovered */
toolbarbutton.bookmark-item[container="true"]:hover {
background-image: none !important;
background-color: lightskyblue !important;
color: black !important;
}

/* Colorize the bookmark in the Bookmark toolbar GOLD when hovered */
toolbarbutton.bookmark-item:hover {
background-image: none !important;
background-color: gold !important;
color: black !important;
}
Peja Stija

Post by Peja Stija »

previous code all of a sudden seems to work again. Looks like FF's way of processing code is dependent of wind direction and/or outside temperature.
Zoolcar9

Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Post by Zoolcar9 »

on Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !, Jean-Yves Perrier wrote:In the upcoming Firefox 16, which reached the Aurora status today, a major enhancement is the unprefixing of several stable CSS features.

So which CSS features are unprefixed?
Read more at http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/
My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
makondo

Post by makondo »

Thanks,LouC!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Zoolcar9 wrote:
At viewtopic.php?p=12120719#p12120719 Frank Lion wrote:Here's an extension that is SO useful if you do UI .css - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... inspector/

You know, like all the things that popped up and disappeared when you used to try and get the DOMi on them?

It's not vital, but you might want to look at your popup coding some time as it's not drilling as deep as that Popup Inspector ext.

For example, on the urlbar autocomplete dropdown select a particular .autocomplete-richlistitem and you're opening #PopupAutoCompleteRichResult, whereas that ext is drilling straight to the .ac-title of the same particular richlistitem.

It's not a big deal, apart from the times when it is, and then I have to drag off the CB button back to Customise and restart (with yet another CB button) to get the ext. to work, i.e. they can't co-exist.

No rush but, to use that really tiresome support question phrase we all dread - 'it would be nice...' if you could fix it sometime. :)
LordStriker

Post by LordStriker »

Guys, I made few small changes to fit better on Win 8:

http://i.minus.com/jFTnEQ0OCjsB1.png

Nevertheless, when you press the Menu Button and select 'Add-ons' or 'Downloads' etc, it has the native Windows desing, but the other options like 'Options' or 'Bookmarks' etc they have the 'hacky' design which stays the same as on Win 7 ( unified with curved/rounded corners ).

If you create a nice, well-written CSS desing for Firefox on Windows 8, please send me a mesage! I'd be very interested! Thank you!
Fx 16.02 -//- Fx 19α x64 -//- Win 8 Pro x64 -//- CPU: i5 2500 -//- GPU: 7950 -//- RAM: 8GB