MozillaZine

Play MP3 attachments from within Thunderbird addon plugin

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Thunderbird
hm2k

Post Posted April 2nd, 2010, 2:35 am

Sure, I understand the concept.

I'd just really like to be able to play an mp3 attachment, without having to open another window. Just a seamless player from within thunderbird.

davidstoll

Post Posted September 12th, 2010, 3:24 pm

Voicemail attachments are becoming more and more common (wav and mp3). Google voice is one that I use (among others). In gmail, when a sound file is attached, you can just hit a play button and it just plays right inside the web browser. When gmail detects a youtube link, it plays the video right inside of the email...rather than opening another window/tab. I understand this is slightly different, but it's just the concept. I was also looking for something that would just allow me to hit a play button when a sound file is attached to an email...rather than launching a separate application.

I think it would be an excellent addon.

designbuyers

Post Posted July 9th, 2012, 7:35 pm

davidstoll wrote:Voicemail attachments are becoming more and more common (wav and mp3). Google voice is one that I use (among others). In gmail, when a sound file is attached, you can just hit a play button and it just plays right inside the web browser. When gmail detects a youtube link, it plays the video right inside of the email...rather than opening another window/tab. I understand this is slightly different, but it's just the concept. I was also looking for something that would just allow me to hit a play button when a sound file is attached to an email...rather than launching a separate application.

I think it would be an excellent addon.

Yes, I think too, also If there is an easy way to send voice mail it would be great too, Voice mail is a good method for quick voice messages.

DanRaisch

Post Posted July 10th, 2012, 5:59 am

Thanks for your comment, but you've replied to a thread that's been dead for two years. It's doubtful anyone has been waiting that length of time for further input on the subject.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.

Return to Thunderbird General