Error Console? (wish to have)

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

ljgww

Error Console? (wish to have)

Post by ljgww »

Camino browser is my default browser because of its size and simplicity and browsing facilities that are geared for browsing primarily.

However, as a developer I often hit a situation that something is not working in Camino. If I wish to figure out what makes Camino frown, it is next to impossible except, of course, by guesswork.

I am not suggesting to add firebug plugin or such, but some small developer tool like error console would be greatly helpful and it could be optional enable/disable, somewhere in preferences (and disabled by default)

Error console that points to the source of the problem is more than enough of a problem detect tool.
phiw13

Re: Error Console? (wish to have)

Post by phiw13 »

You want ChimericalConsole:
http://www.escapedthoughts.com/camino/hacks/

and do you know there is a Firebug bookmarklet ? (not as fully functional as the Fx extension, but pretty useful nonetheless)
ljgww

Re: Error Console? (wish to have)

Post by ljgww »

ChimericalConsole. You're right - I want Exactly That!!! :)

Installed. Appears in correct place, reports code errors (so its working properly on my installation). Thank you!
(plugin page has instructions that are placed on pimpmycamino web site which is not working, luckily basic installation instructions are there)

will look into firebug bookmarklet (just wandering how bookmarklet works when it comes to debugging)