Youtube error: An error occurred. Please try again later.

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
adamm

Youtube error: An error occurred. Please try again later.

Post by adamm »

Hi Mozilla Masters,

running on FF 13.0 and recent adobe flash player 11 plugin and still getting error message.

I've tried the followings:

1) reinstall firefox
2) reinstall adobe
3) use older version of firefox
4) disable shockwave player(other forum said to try that) When I disable shockwave I get just black screen on youtube, when sw is enabled main page of youtube will ask me to update my adobe flash player even if i'm having the current one.

When I try access youtube on i.e IE or Chrome everything is working. So this means it has to be something wrong with firefox and its plugin.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Regards,
AM
DanRaisch

Re: Youtube error: An error occurred. Please try again late

Post by DanRaisch »

I don't recall seeing any suggestions to disable Shockwave. What has been reported to help is to disable elements of RealPlayer.

What version of Flash are you currently running? Version 11 point what?

You can't evaluate Flash issues with Firefox in IE or in Chrome. Chrome has built in Flash support and doesn't use the Adobe plug-ins, while IE uses a different version of the Plug-in that requires ActiveX. (ActiveX is not supported in Firefox.)
roggaro

Post by roggaro »

use V. 11.2.202.235 and you'll be fine. download *exe at http:/ www oldapps.com/flash_player.php
disconnect your INTERNET if Adobe tries to get involved :-({|=
roggaro

Post by roggaro »

DanRaisch wrote:I don't recall seeing any suggestions to disable Shockwave. What has been reported to help is to disable elements of RealPlayer.

What version of Flash are you currently running? Version 11 point what?

You can't evaluate Flash issues with Firefox in IE or in Chrome. Chrome has built in Flash support and doesn't use the Adobe plug-ins, while IE uses a different version of the Plug-in that requires ActiveX. (ActiveX is not supported in Firefox.)

please, be so kind and read the last post here;
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2492531
concerning Adobe Flash V. 11.3.300.257 and the IE (aktiveX) plugin

EDIT: at least for me that issue was present in both of my browsers :|
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

adamm,
See these threads for more info & the direct D/L links for version 11.2.202.235.
& please, use their Un-installer.
> viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2485553&start=45
> viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2493953
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
tabby_leg

Post by tabby_leg »

i have been trying for many hours to fix this problem on my NEW COMPUTER!!! Either way, i found a fix for my system. From what i can tell, this is a problem that has been going on for years and the fix is not the same for everyone.

The fix for me was to open Real Player. Click Preferences. Open Download and Recording. And uncheck the box for "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers".

I am guessing and from the research that i read, Google is trying to stop downloading and burning of music using Real Player.

Either way, hopes this helps.

Don't forget, this worked for me and the results and fixes that i found don't always work for everyone. But, you can always undo this easily, if it doesn't work for you.

I ended up using an AddOn to download videos with Firefox instead of Real Player.

Good luck.

= Tabby_leg
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

This problem has nothing to do with Google the latest Flash updates have caused a conflict with Real Player.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
happykwong

Post by happykwong »

tabby_leg wrote:i have been trying for many hours to fix this problem on my NEW COMPUTER!!! Either way, i found a fix for my system. From what i can tell, this is a problem that has been going on for years and the fix is not the same for everyone.

The fix for me was to open Real Player. Click Preferences. Open Download and Recording. And uncheck the box for "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers".

I am guessing and from the research that i read, Google is trying to stop downloading and burning of music using Real Player.

Don't forget, this worked for me and the results and fixes that i found don't always work for everyone. But, you can always undo this easily, if it doesn't work for you.

I ended up using an AddOn to download videos with Firefox instead of Real Player.

Good luck.

= Tabby_leg

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!
i search many time in google, every method still cannot fix the problem!

this work for me so i register account to say thank you to you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: =D> =D> =D>
serilabuk

Post by serilabuk »

tabby_leg wrote:i have been trying for many hours to fix this problem on my NEW COMPUTER!!! Either way, i found a fix for my system. From what i can tell, this is a problem that has been going on for years and the fix is not the same for everyone.

Good luck.

= Tabby_leg

My Dear, it works like magic for me. After googling for days and finally came upon your thread, the sweet audio and video comes alive again, in youtube and, other sites as well. Thank you!!!
Olive_Yew

Post by Olive_Yew »

Good luck.

= Tabby_leg

Tabby_leg: I opened an account and tailored my name just for you! You are the best! Ugh, I've been so frustrated with this problem for the past month and your tip cleared it right up! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! =D> :D