event detection failure in pop-up windows

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
otidnanreh

event detection failure in pop-up windows

Post by otidnanreh »

Phoenix seems to run very smoothly in most web addresses. But I found an issue that is really annoying and only happens with me (I guess): when any web page requires passoword trough a browser window, all the buttons simply don't work. Then I have to close phoenix by emergency maneuvers in windows :|.

System: AMD K6-2 380mhz, 156mb RAM, ADSL connection, Windows 2000 service pack 3, directx 9 beta
RAF

Post by RAF »

Can you give us a URL?

I probably don't have a password for the site you go to, but I should be able to see if the buttons work....
I'm also running W2K SP3 and ADSL
Mook

Post by Mook »

Do you me the password prompt boxes for sites that require authentication? If yes, then yes the prompt box is modal (= must be closed before the main window can be accessed, same as the about box). I can see how annoying sites that keep popping it up would prevent use of the browser; most sites stop asking for username / password after you click on cancel for two or three times.

So - make all modal dialog boxes tab-modal instead of window-modal? If they only block the tab, then theoritically you can close the tab and be done with it. This would also fix any sites with an infinite number of message boxes. I think there's <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=123913">a RFE</a> that kind of does that. Not quite though; you might want to dig through BugZilla some more.
otidnanreh

url with that kind of pop-up window...

Post by otidnanreh »

Well, I have just noticed that the link is in Portuguese, but I'll try to guide you to the right link :).

The URL is http://www.colband.com.br
It's the school address, where I can find my grades and stuff like that.

Now, to the right link: scroll down the page until you find two red buttons: "Entrar no HomeBand" and "Verificar configuração".

Please click the first one, the one in your left. The windows that I was talking about will appear, requiring username and password.
I'd like also to say that, when I run Phoenix, any program menus in it just won't close :/.
Another thing that I recently noticed.
Thanks for the attention and patience...
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

This works for me, hernandito :wink: Which Phoenix build are you using (mine is 20021126)?
otidnanreh

Post by otidnanreh »

Well, mine is 20021029...

Maybe it's time to download a newer build.
I just hope that the new Mozilla builds work fine, because I have the same issue in both browsers :/.
Perhaps the "bug" (I'm not sure if there is one) is deep in the browsers common engine...