can't connect fireftp

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
blonde13

can't connect fireftp

Post by blonde13 »

I opened fireftp this morning and it loads and seems like everything is working with one exception.
the top bar that includes (Choose an account) Connect Edit Abort, is no longer clickable.

I have dumped cache, restarted, ran disk utility to check and repair file permissions. All to no avail.
I am on a mac.

I have the most current version of both running. And i have a ton of ftp connections in there. Some of which were in there before i took over this box. consequently i do not have a back up of those.

any ideas.
DanRaisch

Re: can't connect fireftp

Post by DanRaisch »

What version of Firefox?
What version of FireFTP?
blonde13

Post by blonde13 »

Thanks for your response.
firefox 14.0.1
fireftp 2.0.6
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You might try disabling any other extensions you have installed to see if there is a conflict between one of them and FireFTP that is causing the problem.

Try disabling all extensions but one other extension and then close and restart the program. (Disable them by using menu path Tools->Addons->Extensions->click on "Disable" for every extension but one.) See if the problem is present. If not, enable an additional extension and close and restart the application. Repeat this procedure until the problem reappears. The last enabled extension will be the cause of the problem.
blonde13

Post by blonde13 »

At present i have only fireftp and fire bug running. i tried disabling firebug and restarting to no avail.
I treid diabling them both and restarting then enabling fireftp and then resrting to no avail .

I then added convert youtube to mp3 and restarting to no avail.

Should i just keep doing this over and over untill the issue fixes it self?

thanks
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No, if it doesn't work with only FireFTP running it probably won't help to enable additional extensions for testing.

Try a new profile and only install FireFTP to see if it will work in that environment -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
blonde13

Post by blonde13 »

Yes it works in that environment.

How can i now import my fireftp connections from the other account?

Thanks so much for you help. I will pass this info along when ever i get the opportunity.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.

I don't use the extensions so I can't help you with the import question. You might raise the issue on the support page for the add-on -- http://fireftp.mozdev.org/help.html
blonde13

Post by blonde13 »

Thanks so much for you help. I will pass this info along when ever i get the opportunity.
blonde13

Post by blonde13 »

i tried the export functionality provided by the tools drop down in fireftp but it does not export anything.
i created a folder named ftp and exported to that folder and nothing shows up?
when i go into preferences and click to show passwords it still revels all my connections.

mimecuvalo

Post by mimecuvalo »

I'm the developer of FireFTP.

Sorry for the bug in the first place. It is fixed in the next version (2.0.7) which can be found here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
(until it is officially reviewed by the Mozilla add-on team)

I appreciate your patience and understanding with the bug - sorry again for the inconvenience.
jche

Post by jche »

Hey, I love the add-on, been using it for years until I ran into the same issue. I am using Firefox 17.0.1 and FireFTP 2.0.7 and still the choose-account box is not clicable. Will wait patiently for the next version if that what it takes. Thanks!
Scerion

Post by Scerion »

Not sure if FireFTP is maintained any more - just tried it for the first time with latest Firefox, and just connect to anything. The normal web browser client can connect fine to the same servers, and FileZilla also connects. FireFTP just gets "authentication failure" with the exact same details. Assume it's somehow screwing up the login.

Thought I'd post in case others had the same problems with it. Just use another client.
wheelz

Post by wheelz »

Been having the same issue as blonde13 for a few months now.
Running FF 33.1
FireFTP 2.0.21
As Scerion suggested, wondering if FireFTP is still maintained.
Such a well functioning FTP client, it's a shame to be unable to use it.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"