FireFox unable to download YouTube videos

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
toolman_fixit

FireFox unable to download YouTube videos

Post by toolman_fixit »

in the newest FireFox browsers (13 , 14) it does not matter which plug in I use to download youtube videos as none of them work. It seems the newest FireFox browsers are unable to download youtube videos. How do I fix this?? and why did FireFox ruin a good thing ??
I could easily download these videos before the newest FireFox browsers. Is there a fix to this or am I going to have to go back to FireFox 10 ???
L.A.R. Grizzly

Re: FireFox unable to download YouTube videos

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

toolman_fixit wrote:in the newest FireFox browsers (13 , 14) it does not matter which plug in I use to download youtube videos as none of them work. It seems the newest FireFox browsers are unable to download youtube videos. How do I fix this?? and why did FireFox ruin a good thing ??
I could easily download these videos before the newest FireFox browsers. Is there a fix to this or am I going to have to go back to FireFox 10 ???

Video DownloadHelper still works on YouTube.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Shredded Wheat

Post by Shredded Wheat »

Thanks....that works for me now....was also having problems before :D
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Shredded Wheat wrote:Thanks....that works for me now....was also having problems before :D

=D>
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
toolman_fixit

Post by toolman_fixit »

Like i said I have used all of FireFox's plug ins and none of them work which makes me think it is a Fire Fox problem. Yes I use Video download helper and it also does not work. It downloads 0 bytes instead of whatever size the file really is. Also all of the plug ins for downloading videos such as video download helper work on other sites but not YouTube. It used to work when I had earlier versions of FireFox but now it doesn't.
I presently have the following add on's for downloading on youtube which none work; Video Download helper, flash video downloader YouTube downloader, flv movies downloader, Free youtube download, good old youtube downloader, MP4 downloader, Youtube downloader HD, FVD suite. Normally I only have one or two internet downloaders but since none were working with youtube I got a bunch more installed.
guestyguest

Post by guestyguest »

toolman_fixit wrote:Like i said I have used all of FireFox's plug ins and none of them work which makes me think it is a Fire Fox problem. Yes I use Video download helper and it also does not work. It downloads 0 bytes instead of whatever size the file really is. Also all of the plug ins for downloading videos such as video download helper work on other sites but not YouTube. It used to work when I had earlier versions of FireFox but now it doesn't.
I presently have the following add on's for downloading on youtube which none work; Video Download helper, flash video downloader YouTube downloader, flv movies downloader, Free youtube download, good old youtube downloader, MP4 downloader, Youtube downloader HD, FVD suite. Normally I only have one or two internet downloaders but since none were working with youtube I got a bunch more installed.

All of those downloaders installed at the same time..... Im suprised you can get Firefix to launch let alone download anything. ](*,)
Make a new profile and pick one...... sheeeesh

Post by Guest »

None of the Youtube downloaders may work unless you either uninstall Realplayer or update Realplayer to its latest version.
toolman_fixit

Post by toolman_fixit »

guestyguest wrote:All of those downloaders installed at the same time..... Im suprised you can get Firefix to launch let alone download anything. ](*,)
Make a new profile and pick one...... sheeeesh

I am not sure why people can not understand plain English. The reason why I installed all of the extra down loaders was because my original ones WERE NOT WORKING. Why would I make a new profile anyway if anything I would just uninstall the down loaders I do not want.Why make it more complicated then that sheeesh!!!
Guest wrote:None of the Youtube downloaders may work unless you either uninstall Realplayer or update Realplayer to its latest version.

I do not even have Realplayer and I never had problems downloading before. Who uses that ancient program anymore anyway. If you want to watch movies in quality watch them with Divx plus player or VLC. What would Realplayer have to do with downloading anyway unless I down loaded with that program which I never would as I do not think it is a good program.
Such weird responses I should have known asking for help on these forums. Ask a simple question , get dumb answers.
I finally found a down loader that will work on youtube since Firefox screwed all the other plug ins and its called FVD SUITE. It works because it is not part of firefox.
If I want firefox download plug ins to work I will probably have to go back to firefox 10 or 11 like I said at the beginning of this thread.
What a joke firefox is, they update their browser and ruin all of their down load plug ins.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on August 17th, 2012, 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the un-neccesary language.
jyxll1

Post by jyxll1 »

I am having exactly the same problem. Tried three video download plugins. None now work with youtube in firefox 14. Was doing so two weeks ago.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

@ toolman_fixit,
Please, ease up on the language. Thanks.

A new profile with just one D/Ler takes about 3 mins to create & test.
Most of, if not all of, the extensions leave traces in the prefs/about:config section & can interfere with other extensions.

& it's not really Firefox at fault, but the extensions used.
They may not be updated as yet, to function correctly with the latest version.

YouTube could be playing with their site, again.

I suggest a new profile & one D/L extension, such as Download Helper.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
RonJeanJr

Post by RonJeanJr »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:
toolman_fixit wrote:in the newest FireFox browsers (13 , 14) it does not matter which plug in I use to download youtube videos as none of them work. It seems the newest FireFox browsers are unable to download youtube videos. How do I fix this?? and why did FireFox ruin a good thing ??

Video DownloadHelper still works on YouTube.

No, actually, Video Downloadhelper >>DOES NOT WORK<< anymore. I have NOT updated in the past few days, yet, all the way up until today [or perhaps the last 2-3 days] I could download YouTube videos with this addon, but it works with >>NO<< videos on YouTube now, at all! Not in [medium] nor [720] nor lower quality, nor even the other links...not even the mobile version! It 100% completely undeniably stopped working.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

RonJeanJr wrote:No, actually, Video Downloadhelper >>DOES NOT WORK<< anymore. I have NOT updated in the past few days, yet, all the way up until today [or perhaps the last 2-3 days] I could download YouTube videos with this addon, but it works with >>NO<< videos on YouTube now, at all! Not in [medium] nor [720] nor lower quality, nor even the other links...not even the mobile version! It 100% completely undeniably stopped working.

You should try a new profile with only Video DownloadHelper installed. I just tried it on my system and it works fine on YouTube. If it works in a new profile, you probably have another add-on interfering with it. I'm using v4.9.9
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
OverBrn

Post by OverBrn »

Same problem here for the last week or so. Using Firefox 10.0.6 ESR
periboob

Post by periboob »

DownloadHelper still working fine here.
"The simple fact is, offense is taken, not given," ~Ricky Gervais
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Re-enabled Download Helper and tried to get a YouTube video. Worked fine. Was able to save both a MP4 and FLV version of the video. Also worked with YouTube's HTML5 on or off. So... something else is going on.