on all browsers youtube an error occured. please try again.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
shannonmegan85

on all browsers youtube an error occured. please try again.

Post by shannonmegan85 »

PLEASE HELP.....Hi :( I am using a Mac OS 10.5.8. I have never had problems with Firefox but recently I keep getting the error message "an error occurred. please try again later" on all my youtube videos. First it was only happening on Firefox (as I use Firefox predominately) but now it's showing the same message on Google Chrome and even Safari. Since I have the older Mac OS, the most updated Flash for it is v10.3.183.20 which is what I have installed. I have tried to reinstall Flash and still not luck. I have removed cookies and cache from all said browers and still no luck. My roommate's computer (which is a Toshiba) is also doing this on Youtube. All and any help would be very much appreciated. I'm so lost on what to do :(
dfoulkes

Re: on all browsers youtube an error occured. please try aga

Post by dfoulkes »

I posted a reply on the other topic where you added your problem... you should stay with only one topic and not create any other new ones...
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
shannonmegan85

Post by shannonmegan85 »

Sorry, I posted on that other one because I wasn't getting any replies on this one i. I'll stick to posting on this since that thread seems to be 3 or 4 people just bickering. His computer also has an up-to-date Flash but he uses Google Chrome. As for resetting the router, I'm not sure how to do so as the main hub is controlled by our apartment complex. Is it something on their end? Our router is configured to their system. I live in St. Lucia currently but they have no laws against youtube as it used to work when I first came down here. Thank you for your help and your reply.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

If you have two computers have the same connection problem and assuming you have access to the router, try this.
1. Power down (unplug) the router and both computers after closing Firefox.
2. Wait 5 minutes and repower the router and wait a few minutes for the router to configure itself to the apartment network connection.
3. Power up one of the computers and wait a few minutes for it to configure itself to the router.
4. Repeat for computer 2.
5. Go online and see what happens.

Also, be aware that Adobe is having a problem with Flash on Windows with Firefox that has been persistant thru the last couple of Adobe updates. There is a new version out 8/2/2012 version 11.3.300.270 so try that update on any windows computer. Mac supposedly does not have the same problem.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Adobe has released another "fix" for the problems they've had with their releases... works on my comp...

It's version 11.3.300.271 that came out a couple of days ago.

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe
shannonmegan85

Post by shannonmegan85 »

Hey guys! Thank you for all the suggestions. Somehow today I woke up and it's working. Not sure if it was our main hub supply as I was told by a couple other people that they were having the same issue in my complex. I hope it stays fixed but if not I'll try some of the suggestions and go from there. As for the 11.3 version, they still haven't come out with one for the MacOS system that I am running. (I have an older OS 10.5.8) Thank you guys again but if for some reason it starts it again I'll be sure to come back!!
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You're Welcome! :D
lizou

Post by lizou »

Remove Realtime player. It helped immediately in my case.