[Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail accounts

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Mr.Gump

Re: [Ext] Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 - Manage multiple Gmail acco

Post by Mr.Gump »

HughHyatt wrote:
Mr.Gump wrote:click raw then download. then drag onto Firefox :)

Thank you! Why did this work, while downloading/installing from http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/ did not? Simply because the earlier version was broken?

the original developer was sent off to combat and is not able to continue releases. This version is forked by a volunteeer and the code is totally reviewable to make sure it's kosher. Hopefully the original developer will make it home safely :)
iHastr

Post by iHastr »

How about forked version Gmail Manager NG?
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... anager-ng/
Mr.Gump

Post by Mr.Gump »

nice

Post by 49311 »

Sorry if this has been asked or answered but could not find anything on it. I have a bunch of addys i would like to add but the bar at the bottom won't move to the accounts off the screen. I also have 2 addons down there that get kicked off the screen as well. i tried shortening the aliases which helped a little but didnt solve the problem.

the old GMM would display 1 envelope at the top bar and then you could shift through them with a right click.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Here is a screen shot. If i add anymore addys, the 2 extensions disappear and are inaccessible. They also need to be there.

And yes, i do need all these addys-- multiple jobs, school, misc projects, personal, financial, etc

Thank you in advance for any help
Fudsey

Post by Fudsey »

Has anyone figured out how to use this with 2 step verification on? Or using application specific passwords?

I tried using an app password and it comes back without logging in. Any ideas?
sunny_one

Post by sunny_one »

I'll second the request to have this working with 2-step verification.

Loving this add-on has been a bumpy ride, but I'll hang on ... however, it's agony when it stops working due to changes from google, or in this case turning on 2-step verification :\

Post by 49311 »

49311 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked or answered but could not find anything on it. I have a bunch of addys i would like to add but the bar at the bottom won't move to the accounts off the screen. I also have 2 addons down there that get kicked off the screen as well. i tried shortening the aliases which helped a little but didnt solve the problem.

the old GMM would display 1 envelope at the top bar and then you could shift through them with a right click.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Here is a screen shot. If i add anymore addys, the 2 extensions disappear and are inaccessible. They also need to be there.

And yes, i do need all these addys-- multiple jobs, school, misc projects, personal, financial, etc
Thank you in advance for any help

bueller? bueller? Anyone?

Please & thank you
mastergreener

Post by mastergreener »

Request to have this working with 2-step verification? Please
Mr.Gump

Post by Mr.Gump »

everyone should be using the new forked version

get it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... anager-ng/
fackpampen

Post by fackpampen »

Hi!

I can't get Gmail manager to log in to any of my two Gmail accounts. Both accounts say that an error occurred while logging in. What am I doing wrong?

I have logged in to and logged out of both Gmail accounts on the web page http://www.gmail.com, to ensure that I'm not already logged in on any of them.

I have also read the FAQ at http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/faq/.
joolee

Post by joolee »

Fixed 2 bugs on checking unread mail and quota. One of my accounts wouldn't update the e-mail account at all any more. While debugging, I made these fixes.
Open the XPI with your favorite unzipper, find components/gmServiceGmail.js and extract it.

Change the whole quMatches stuff around line 495 to:

Code: Select all

var quMatches = data.match(/\["qu",(?:.|\s)+?]/)[0];
         quMatches = quMatches.replace(/,(?=,)/g, ',""');
         this._log(quMatches);
         quMatches = JSON.parse(quMatches);

And ldMatchesPre around line 12 to:

Code: Select all

var ldMatchesPre = data.match(/\["ld",(?:.|\s)+?(?:\s*[\[\]]){3}/)[0];
            ldMatchesPre = ldMatchesPre.replace(/(\r\n|\r|\n)/gm, '');
            ldMatchesPre = ldMatchesPre.replace(/,(?=,)/g, ',""');
            ldMatchesPre = ldMatchesPre.replace(/\\x([0-9]{1,2})/g, '\\\\x$1');
            this._log(ldMatchesPre);
            var ldMatches = JSON.parse(ldMatchesPre);

Replace the file in the archive and restart firefox.

If you still run into problems, uncomment the "this._log" line on 465, start Firefox, go to about:config and change "longfocus.gmanager.debug" to true. Close all your tabs and disable all other addons or just make a new profile to prevent noise.
(Re)Start Firefox and start the error console with ctrl+shift+j. Take a look at the debug output and try fixing your problem or post it on pastebin and place a link here.

Edit: Note that any debug output will contain personal information. You might try stripping it out before uploading it :P Don't forget to change the cookie strings.
RazorBoy

Post by RazorBoy »

Noticing an interesting problem with tomondev's Gmail Manager 0.6.4.5 with Firefox 19: It refuses to log in properly while in privacy mode (purple button). In normal mode (orange button), there's no problem at all. I've noticed the same thing happens with Gmail Manager NG also.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Not hosted on Mozilla Addons.. Last updated 2012-03-14 by tomondev so it could be Dead. Try contacting tomondev here > https://github.com/tomondev/gmail-manager
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
marioni211

Post by marioni211 »

No longer works in private browsing mode. It checks the gmail acount, but won't log into and open your gmail account anymore when you click again....

Is there a fix?
rypz79

I Cannot login to my gmail account

Post by rypz79 »

I Cannot login to my Gmail account Using Gmail Manager 0.6.4.1 under FX 19.2 , Win7 x64.
I've Deleted all my cookies & Signed out of Gmail.
My credentials are 100% correct.

THNX
](*,)
"The quieter you become the louder you are able to hear" ~ Seneca