Why can't I play games at www.gamehouse.com?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Why can't I play games at www.gamehouse.com?

Post by Guest »

I'm not advertising gamehouse, I'm trying to convince my wife that FF is beter than IE. If she can't play her games, she simply won't bother with FF.
I've installed the java, flash, and shockwave plug ins, but no luck. Try this link http://www.gamehouse.com/nisqually/ and then click start game in the free column. It works fine for us in AOL and in IE. So far that's the only problem I'm having with FF. Please don't hesitate to respond to this post like I'm in pre-K because I admit to being computer illiterate.
Thanks-CCD

Post by Guest »

It is working fine for me.

Type "about:plugins" (without the quotes) into the address bar on top. This should display a list of active plugins. Make sure you have those installed.

It looks like it is a java game, so make sure that tools > options > web features > enable java is checked, and that you installed java from sun -- www.java.com

If all of this looks right, try restarting your computer before you try again. Then, let us know how it goes.

Post by Guest »

WFM.....W2Ksp4 Fx 1.0.....Check your java plugins: open a blank Firefox window and type about:plugins in the address (URL) bar and hit Enter.

Post by Guest »

It seems to work fine for me in Firefox, are you sure that you have enabled Java? And if it is, are you sure it's the latest version? (www.java.com)
To check if it's enabled, go to Tools -> Options... -> Web Features -> [¯] Enable Java
Be sure to check the box.

Firefox 1.0, latest Java, slightly-outdated Flash version, Windows XP.
AmboyGuy

Post by AmboyGuy »

Works for me, takes forever to load but works.
Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1 ID:20111228084953

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the replies. Iwent to java.com and downloaded that now I have a java icon in my tray?!?! I did about plugins and all the java beans and java applets are all enabled. I did tools options and java is checked and enabled, although I didn't touch the advanced tab. Still no luck with the game:(. Any other suggestions?
CCD

Post by Guest »

I was just thinking, could it have something to do with adblock?
Thanks-CCD
Jadugar

Post by Jadugar »

Why dont you disable adblock and find out, go to Tools->Extensions->Adblock->Right click and select disable

Post by Guest »

YES!!! Adblock was the problem! I just turned it off on that game site and everything works fine. Thank you to everyone who replied. This seems to be one of the most helpful forums I've ever been to! Now feel free to let this topic scroll off into the sunset. *tumbleweed blows by*
CCD
margaret Gehret

Re: Why can't I play games at www.gamehouse.com?

Post by margaret Gehret »

When I pull up 'Gamehouse.com" it gives me this
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:583)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
com.real.gamehouse.web.handler.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:156)
com.real.games.web.handler.platform.AppLevelMaintenanceFilter.doFilter(AppLevelMaintenanceFilter.java:61)
root cause
DanRaisch

Re: Why can't I play games at www.gamehouse.com?

Post by DanRaisch »

That error indicates a problem on the server end of the process. That is, with Gamehouse.com. It's something they will probably fix as soon as they can. http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E500.html

Please note, though, that you have posted to a thread that's been dead for more than 7 years.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.