[Ext] GlassMyFox - GlassMyBird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
P1h3r1e3d13

Re: [Ext] GlassMyFox - GlassMyBird

Post by P1h3r1e3d13 »

Hi Aris,

I find the bookmarks library window rather tough to see. Could there be a way to give it a less transparent background, more like the options window?

Thanks,
Jack
Aris

Post by Aris »

Hi Jack, take a look at the latest dev build: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/glassmyfox/versions/
P1h3r1e3d13

Post by P1h3r1e3d13 »

aris-t2 wrote:Hi Jack, take a look at the latest dev build: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/glassmyfox/versions/
Perfect! Thanks!
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Any chance of a padding the Firefox button a little? I have it without border/background and there's more padding on the left side than the right, I'd like it equal on both sides. Thanks.
Aris

Post by Aris »

ryrynz wrote:Any chance of a padding the Firefox button a little? I have it without border/background and there's more padding on the left side than the right, I'd like it equal on both sides. Thanks.

Ok, I will tweak this a bit for next devbuild/release. Check GMFs versions page.
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/glassmyfox/versions/
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Without the dropmarker the url bar shifts to the left eating into the firefox button a little (I keep it to the left of the url bar) I'm looking for the opposite effect (bit more of a gap between the two if possible)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Which add-on do you use to place the FF button on nav-bar?
Can you also post a screenshot?

EDIT:
Tested new pre 2 with "Moveable Firefox button" & "UI Fixer" add-ons and FF button seems to work fine now when using 'no border/background/dropdown' & 'no border/background' settings.

GlassMyFox 1.2.2pre2

- (new/fix) four tabs options compatible with Australis 2 theme
- (fix) appbutton settings 'no border/background/dropdown' & 'no border/background' (UI fixer, Moveable Firefox button)

https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/glassmyfox/versions/
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Firefox button looking great, thank you!

Aris, what's the chances of having settings for setting the percentage of the glass effect on tabs (unread, currently viewing) the newtab button etc.
Having this could allow you to do away with some of the presets perhaps, thoughts?
wittking9

Post by wittking9 »

Aris,
I absolutely love this extension. By far my favorite. Thank you!!!

A couple of quick questions, is there any way to glass the scroll bar? I currently use your scroll bar add on, but would like to have it match the glass or only show up when I mouse over it. Is there anyway to glass the background on the URL and search boxes?

My last question for you, for my tabs I use Glass tabs v4, this seems to have the most glass, the only problem is I sometimes have trouble finding my open tab. Is there any way to differentiate the active tab?

Thanks again for a great extension!!!
Aris

Post by Aris »

ryrynz wrote:...

Firefox button looking great, thank you!

Aris, what's the chances of having settings for setting the percentage of the glass effect on tabs (unread, currently viewing) the newtab button etc.
Having this could allow you to do away with some of the presets perhaps, thoughts?

There are no plans adding such features atm.

The glass effect is controlled by Windows and not by Firefox. GMF adds white background colors and color gradients. Some tab backgrounds are build of 3 different color states to create a gradient. Your request would need to add 3 percentage inputs for tabs, hovered tabs and the selected tab and make it totally 9 inputs. I think its to much. By inputs I mean either a textfield or a dropdownmenu with predefined perentage values. Sliders are not possible in inline options.

An option for tabs without a gradient with just one static color may be added in the future. I have to think about it and run some test.

wittking9 wrote:Aris,
I absolutely love this extension. By far my favorite. Thank you!!!

A couple of quick questions, is there any way to glass the scroll bar? I currently use your scroll bar add on, but would like to have it match the glass or only show up when I mouse over it. Is there anyway to glass the background on the URL and search boxes?

My last question for you, for my tabs I use Glass tabs v4, this seems to have the most glass, the only problem is I sometimes have trouble finding my open tab. Is there any way to differentiate the active tab?

Thanks again for a great extension!!!

NewScrollbars extension can make the default scrollbars transparent, but not the the part of the browser window behind the scrollbar. Something that works fine with e.g. the Library window, doesn't work with page content. It shows only a white color indepentent from page content colors. So real "Glass scrollbars" are not possible.

"Glass tabs v2" has a stronger color for the active tab or is it to strong?

"Is there anyway to glass the background on the URL and search boxes?"

It is possible. Try this code in Stylish, but I think the text may be to hard to read:

Code: Select all

textbox#urlbar, .searchbar-textbox{
    background: none !important;
}
wittking9

Post by wittking9 »

Thanks for the quick reply! I switched to Glass tabs v2 and that works great! I could have sworn that when I had used that one before the other tabs were darker then v4.

Thanks for explaining the scroll bars, I will mess around with your other add on some more to get something I really like. It's to bad Glass scroll bars are not possible.

I will add that code and see what it looks like.

BTW I have tried using the option to remove the white gradient, but it doesn't remove it for me. This may happen because I am using nightly the 64 bit version of Firefox, but I'm not sure so I thought I would let you know.

Thanks again for the great extension.
Aris

Post by Aris »

wittking9 wrote:...

BTW I have tried using the option to remove the white gradient, but it doesn't remove it for me. This may happen because I am using nightly the 64 bit version of Firefox, but I'm not sure so I thought I would let you know.

Thanks again for the great extension.

Hi wittking9,

I have just tested todays x64 nightly and it works fine for me. Take a closer look at the window borders on my screenshots:

wittking9

Post by wittking9 »

That was my mistake. It does work correctly. I thought that feature was referring to something else.

A little off topic - Is there any way to glass the background of websites? Like google, or facebook? From what I could find, it looks like this ability was removed in the newer version of Firefox.

Thanks and sorry about that.

I also want to mention that I really like like URL and search bar in glass with the font in white.
Aris

Post by Aris »

wittking9 wrote:That was my mistake. It does work correctly. I thought that feature was referring to something else.

A little off topic - Is there any way to glass the background of websites? Like google, or facebook? From what I could find, it looks like this ability was removed in the newer version of Firefox.

Thanks and sorry about that.

I also want to mention that I really like like URL and search bar in glass with the font in white.

From what I know, there was never possible to glass a website content like it is not possible to glass the add-ons manager.

I can add a new option for the urlbar and searchbar in next (dev)build, that might be out this weekend.
wittking9

Post by wittking9 »

From what I saw on userstyles it looked like that functionality existed in 3.5, but has since disappeared.

Something else you may want to consider that I found on there, was glassing the about page. The style is called "Aero Glass: About Firefox/ Nightly."

Thanks again for the great extension an for answering all my questions.