Importing Outlook calendar into Thunderbird/Lightning

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
mozwit

Importing Outlook calendar into Thunderbird/Lightning

Post by mozwit »

Newby here...

I exported my Outlook2003 data as a csv file and tried to import this into Calendar using File/open. Nothing. Any ideas how to get outlook calendar data into Thunderbird / Lightning?

Best regards
Philip
ssitter

Re: Importing Outlook calendar into Thunderbird/Lightning

Post by ssitter »

Try to export into the iCalendar format. This format can be opened or imported in Lightning. But I'm not sure if Outlook 2003 supports it out of the box. Maybe you need a third-party tool like FreeMiCal (http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemical/).
mgagnonlv

Post by mgagnonlv »

As far as I know, you may only export a calendar as a CSV.
I haven't successfully imported an Outlook calendar in Thunderbird (or vice-versa), but it can be easily done if you have a Google account.

– Export your calendar as a CSV file.
– Access your Google account and import a new calendar. Check data, especially with regard to time zone information
– Export as an .ics file
– Import it in Lightning. Again, check data, especially with regard to time zone information.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)
sairash

Post by sairash »

mgagnonlv wrote:As far as I know, you may only export a calendar as a CSV.
I haven't successfully imported an Outlook calendar in Thunderbird (or vice-versa), but it can be easily done if you have a Google account.

– Export your calendar as a CSV file.
– Access your Google account and import a new calendar. Check data, especially with regard to time zone information
– Export as an .ics file
– Import it in Lightning. Again, check data, especially with regard to time zone information.

This worked vey well thank u very much had been struggling with the csv file for awhile before chancing upon your answer. Saira