Your Firefox Profile Cannot be Loaded

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
caileb

Your Firefox Profile Cannot be Loaded

Post by caileb »

Greetings,

I tried my best at searching; and could not find a solution to my problem. If I missed something, simply redirect me to the answer...

I set up a new computer with Windows 7 with my admin account and a guest account.

My guest account does not open firefox correctly, it gives the popup "Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded". I tried to re-install, deleting the profiles/blah.default folder for guest, and creating a new profile... my Mozilla\profiles.ini seems fine.

What's strange - is if I right-click on the .exe and select "Run as Admin" [all while logged in as Guest]... it loads perfectly fine with the guest's profile. Any reason why not running Firefox as an admin gives such a strange error?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Your Firefox Profile Cannot be Loaded

Post by Guest »

Firefox Portable may be easier to get to work in the guest account. http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

I would guess file permissions somewhere are being screwy.
caileb

Post by caileb »

Guest wrote:Firefox Portable may be easier to get to work in the guest account. http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Tried to install it - still gives the same error: Profile cannot be loaded.

When I try to run as an admin (within the Guest acct): says that Firefox is already running.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Either your installed Firefox is open or Portable is running waiting for the profile to load. Kill the process in Windows Task Manager.

Where did you install portable? It should run if installed on a users desktop but I dont know about a guest account desktop. And of course how your Installed and OS security programs are set could be a problem

Reaffirms why I am still using XP. :)
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln

Post by Guest »

Agreed, you have to install Firefox Portable somewhere that you have full access to, on a guest account the desktop is probably easiest.
caileb

Post by caileb »

My FirefoxPortable use to be in G:\Program Files\FirefoxPortable - I moved it to: G:\Users\Guest\Desktop\FirefoxPortable ...

It keeps defaulting that program to Read Only; even when I change it back. When I try to run it, it asks for AOC to disable Read Only - but then still throws the same error of Profile Cannot Be Loaded