how the hell do I remove ALL!!! traces of t-bird and firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
nuttprof

how the hell do I remove ALL!!! traces of t-bird and firefox

Post by nuttprof »

I love both programs but they are both buggy as all fuck, and the uninstall leaves a shitload of hidden encrpted shit!! I want to re-install both on several (including customer's systems I've turned on to the product), but the uninstall is absolute shit!! The favourites in Firefox are still totally fucked up, and the importing and exporting features both products is trash!!! Basically awesome products, but waaaaaaaaaaaay too buggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now after that raging, will anyone here help me remove all traces so I actually re-install it without it retaining all the previously fucked up shit!!??????
Thank-you and have a nice day. I'm tired of screwing with these products...
Jadugar

Post by Jadugar »

First of all, calm down, you can ask nicely.

Second of all, this is not an adult only message board, considering persons of all ages come here which includes children

Third of all, Not our problem if you dont know how to search, look for stuff in help documents etc...try: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Folder
rgh41

Post by rgh41 »

what a foul mouthed post... grow up...what are you... 12 years old?

please leave and do not come back...

I could help you with all the info you need but... sorry.... [-X
rtmjr50

Re: how the hell do I remove ALL!!! traces of t-bird and fir

Post by rtmjr50 »

nuttprof wrote:I love both programs but they are both buggy as all fuck, and the uninstall leaves a shitload of hidden encrpted shit!! I want to re-install both on several (including customer's systems I've turned on to the product), but the uninstall is absolute shit!! The favourites in Firefox are still totally fucked up, and the importing and exporting features both products is trash!!! Basically awesome products, but waaaaaaaaaaaay too buggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now after that raging, will anyone here help me remove all traces so I actually re-install it without it retaining all the previously fucked up shit!!??????
Thank-you and have a nice day. I'm tired of screwing with these products...

Both works fine for me ... most problems are caused by users .. who will not read the help files for both firefox and Tbird .... or start making changes without understainding what they are doing ... or installing poorly coded 3rd party themes ...

to remove both .. (assuming you are using window)
(1) window add/remove and uninstall firefox and tbird ... when ask, say yes to removing program directory ...
(2) go to programs files\ mozilla firefox and \programs files\mozilla thunderbird (assuming you installed in defaut location) .... and delete anything that is there.
(3) go to the profile directory and remove all for firefox and thunderbird
read: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Folder ... if you are using winxp you need to change the defalt for winxp to show hidden files and directories
(4) use window regedit to remove any registors that may still exist ... search for mozilla, firefox and thunderbird .... WARNING: SCREWING with your window registor can cause complete failure of windows from starting and require a complete installing of the OS ..

I would advise you forget #4 and doing #3 will mean the LOST OF ALL EMAIL AND BOOKMARKS!!
assuming that both are still in their default locations ..

later, RIchard
Last edited by rtmjr50 on February 13th, 2005, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule #1: My computer is always right, the human is always the problem .. RULE #2: See Rule #1
using Win XP/SP2 (home) FF1.5.0.9 FF2.0.0.1 FF3a1 Tbird1.5.0.9 ==> Press for More Answers <==
No colours in sig please.

Post by Guest »

I know what I'm doing probably far beyond most of you- I know reg-edit backwards and have purged every trace from everything to do with mozilla, t-bird, and firefox, and ran 3 registry repair tools after each attempt. The product does not fully uninstall. That is confirmed by other computer stores I am aquainted with. try again.
CBI Web

Post by CBI Web »

Anonymous wrote:I know what I'm doing probably far beyond most of you- I know reg-edit backwards...

Really? Then why is this such a problem for you?
rtmjr50

Post by rtmjr50 »

Anonymous wrote:I know what I'm doing probably far beyond most of you- I know reg-edit backwards and have purged every trace from everything to do with mozilla, t-bird, and firefox, and ran 3 registry repair tools after each attempt. The product does not fully uninstall. That is confirmed by other computer stores I am aquainted with. try again.

sorry .... if seem that being a expert .... you know it all .... then why are you having problems .. I would have had it removed in 30 minutes ... maybe your problem is with something else .... like spyare or OS files ...

anyway ... both firefox and Tbird work great on my network of 4 conputer ... and have for over a year

PS, if you are only using regedit ... I feel sorry for you ... spend a few $$$$ and get something that really works ...

and from one expert (since 68 ) to you ... have a nice life ...

later, RIchard
Rule #1: My computer is always right, the human is always the problem .. RULE #2: See Rule #1
using Win XP/SP2 (home) FF1.5.0.9 FF2.0.0.1 FF3a1 Tbird1.5.0.9 ==> Press for More Answers <==
No colours in sig please.

Post by Guest »

watch the language
zeico

Post by zeico »

What I want to know is how the "heck" did this guest find the link to this forum in the first place? Unless I'm blind, the only way you can find it from the PC911 Main Page is to click on the SiteMap link.

Zeico
jas_john128

Post by jas_john128 »

Anonymous wrote:..I know what I'm doing probably far beyond most of you ..

Well, i guess you got us there ... all of us. We better 'fess up and finally come clean that
we've all been faking it all along. All of us. For years now, for many, many years.

The Mozilla team's gonna close up shop this week and everybody's gonna go home. The
Sun/Apache/Perl/SSL/Mac/FreeBSD types who come around here once in a while, 'cause
sometimes they have to work on MS platforms (and tend to _like_ Firefox very much),
and they like to help others out too, well, they're gonna go home as well.

Just the other day i heard of an old DEC/VAX guy who changed his whole font size in Firefox
without _once_ reinstalling the OS ... awww, but i bet you helped him on the sly, din't ya?
It's just this darned Firefox that's no good, right?
Last edited by jas_john128 on February 15th, 2005, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wmcbrine

Re: how the hell do I remove ALL!!! traces of t-bird and fir

Post by wmcbrine »

nuttprof wrote:Now after that raging, will anyone here help me

No.
BeachKeys

Post by BeachKeys »

Anonymous wrote:I know what I'm doing probably far beyond most of you- I know reg-edit backwards and have purged every trace from everything to do with mozilla, t-bird, and firefox, and ran 3 registry repair tools after each attempt. The product does not fully uninstall. That is confirmed by other computer stores I am aquainted with. try again.

Confirmed by computer stores? Is that like when you don't know what's wrong with your car you can confirm that at the auto parts store?