[Ext] GlassMyFox - GlassMyBird

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] GlassMyFox - GlassMyBird

Post by Aris »

Hi wittking9, you are right about FF3.x, but Mozilla changed a few things, so is not possible anymore to add AeroGlass effects to any content like it was back then. This is why the "About glass pages" script from userstyles doesn't work on FF4+ builds. But I found another way to make any tab content semi transparent by reducing its opacity. You may give it a try. :D

GMF 1.2.2pre3
- (new) option to remove background color for urlbar and searchbar
- (new) option to make any tab content semi-transparent (-> expert tweaks)

https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/glassmyfox/versions/

The first option adds white text color without text shadow. Adding text shadow will break a few thing and cause glitches in some cases. It is possible to use Stylish and override this but it doesn't work inside extension code.
The second option may break plugins like PDF tools, Flash, Java and maybe more.
wittking9

Post by wittking9 »

It's a shame they took out the ability to glass the backgrounds. I updated the extension, and the URL and search bar look great. I also added the transparency. It's taking some getting use to, but I like it. Thanks for the update on an already great extension. I also opted to add a line under my active tab using the code you have on page one of the forum.

The about page code that I found to glass the about page is:

Code: Select all

}
#aboutDialogContainer,#aboutDialog,#bottomBox,.text-link {
    background: url("chrome://branding/content/about-logo.png")8% 45% !important;
    background-repeat: no-repeat!important;
    -moz-appearance: -moz-win-borderless-glass !important;
    color: black !important;
    text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px white, 0px 0px 8px white, 0px 0px 8px white !important;
}

I can't take credit for it, someone else did it. I just found it.

Everything is working great for me so far.

Is it possible to change the color of versign, verified signature link. It's a bright green and I would like to change it to a blue? (I would also like to change the download arrow to glow blue instead of green too.) It's not a high priority, I was just wondering if it was possible.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this.
Aris

Post by Aris »

By "about page" you mean the "about dialog" window and not the "about" pages you can access by opening "about:about" index.

The code you found for the about dialog is only working for Aurora and Nightly builds, final and beta builds doesn't get a full transparent window. I will add my new code to GMF and Noia 4, since its working fine for all Firefox builds.

/*#About Dialog*/
#aboutDialogContainer #clientBox,
#aboutDialog #bottomBox{
  background: transparent !important;
}
#aboutDialog{
  background: transparent url("chrome://branding/content/about-logo.png") 7% 26% no-repeat !important;
}
#aboutDialogContainer {
  background: transparent !important;
}
#aboutDialogContainer,
#aboutDialog{
  color: black !important;
  text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px white, 0px 0px 8px white, 0px 0px 8px white !important;
}
#aboutDialogContainer .text-link,
#aboutDialog .text-link{
  color: #0077d5 !important;
}

To override the green verified color you can use for example this code:

.verifiedIdentity,
.verifiedDomain{
  color: #0018ff !important;
}

To replace the green arrow you would need to store a new image somewhere and refer to it in a Stylish script. Something like this but with a better arrow:

#downloads-indicator[attention] > #downloads-indicator-anchor > #downloads-indicator-icon {
  background: -moz-image-rect(url("http://imageshack.us/a/img341/7048/downloadglowblue.png"),
                              15, 33, 33, 15) center no-repeat !important;
}

#downloads-indicator:not([counter])[attention] > #downloads-indicator-anchor > #downloads-indicator-progress-area > #downloads-indicator-counter {
  background-image: -moz-image-rect(url("http://imageshack.us/a/img341/7048/downloadglowblue.png"),
                                    16, 32, 32, 16) !important;
}
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Some interesting additions Aris.. any chance of a semi transparent URL and search?
wittking9

Post by wittking9 »

Sorry about the confusion on the about page. My mistake there. Thank you for the blue additions. They look great. Thanks again for all the work you have done on this, and helping me get the customizations I wanted.
Aris

Post by Aris »

ryrynz wrote:Some interesting additions Aris.. any chance of a semi transparent URL and search?

Sure. Now there is a menulist with more options for url- and searchbar. The "new" option from "pre3" has to be reselected as "Glass v3". The semi-transparent option is called "Glass" and there is another one, "Glass v2". :D

GMF v1.2.2pre4
- (new) more options to change url- and searchbars background

wittking9

Post by wittking9 »

Installed the new version. Works and looks great!
Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

when glass is enabled on the url bar for me right clicking on the url bar makes the drop down menu transparent and there's no highlighting of any of the options on mouse over.
Aris

Post by Aris »

ryrynz wrote:when glass is enabled on the url bar for me right clicking on the url bar makes the drop down menu transparent and there's no highlighting of any of the options on mouse over.

You are right, this shouldn't happen. Install the newer build.

GMF v1.2.2pre5
- (fix) rightclick menu for pre4s url- and searchbar options

Ryrynz

Post by Ryrynz »

Awesome, thanks, pre5 working nicely.
Just wondering, would you consider supporting FXOpera (It's a fairly popular theme) in GlassMyFox?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Full support for themes is not possible. There are always parts that can't be fixed/optimized. If you want to use a "feature reduced" GMF with FXOpera, I recommend a Stylish script. It removes borders and lines between main toolbars and makes most Glass tabs settings usable with FXOpera (current release).

#tabbrowser-tabs[tabsontop="false"] > .tabbrowser-tab > .tab-stack > .tab-content[selected="true"],
#tabbrowser-tabs[tabsontop="false"] > .tabbrowser-tab:hover > .tab-stack > .tab-content:not([selected="true"]),
#tabbrowser-tabs[tabsontop="false"] > .tabbrowser-tab > .tab-stack > .tab-content,
#tabbrowser-tabs[tabsontop="true"] > .tabbrowser-tab > .tab-stack > .tab-content[selected="true"],
#tabbrowser-tabs[tabsontop="true"] > .tabbrowser-tab:hover > .tab-stack > .tab-content:not([selected="true"]),
#tabbrowser-tabs[tabsontop="true"] > .tabbrowser-tab > .tab-stack > .tab-content {
  -moz-border-image: none !important;
}

#navigator-toolbox > toolbar{
  box-shadow: none !important;
}

.tabs-newtab-button,
.tabbrowser-tab{
   border-top-right-radius: 4px !important;
   border-top-left-radius: 4px !important;
}
wittking9

Post by wittking9 »

I must admit I did like the complete transparency in the pre4, but it didn't go with the rest of the theme. One thing I have noticed since I installed the theme is that popup windows don't load. Some links will only open in popups and they don't show anything. I attempted to disable the setting that may break java and etc then restarted the browser, but that didn't help. Any idea on this one?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Are you really sure its not the popup blocker inside Fx settings? If you disable GMF does the popup work fine again? Can you post here or PM me the url of the site were this popup appears, so I can do some tests to find whats causing this issue.
wittking9

Post by wittking9 »

It is back to normal when I disable GMF, I went through the options and was able to determine that it is the about:blank page. When I disable it all of my popups work fine. I really like this feature though, so I will just leave it on and disable it when I need to see a pop up.
Aris

Post by Aris »

This setting seems to reduce the opacity of the popup to "0" too, like it does with the about:tab content. If I knew the site, I maybe could find a workaround as I don't know, if there is a specific type of poups affected by this or just the one on that site.