downloads stop prematurely

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
moltres_rider

downloads stop prematurely

Post by moltres_rider »

I have quite frequently have downloads stop prematurely in Firefox and Firefox calls it done, if it is an mp3 the whole song isn't there, if it is something like a zipped archive, it says it's corrupt!!! for example a download will stop at 57% and scan for viruses like it was completed but it wasn't!!! I have used Firefox since version 4.0 and this issue still haunts me today (15.0.1)!!!
LoudNoise

Re: downloads stop prematurely

Post by LoudNoise »

In the address bar type about:config

Click through the overly cute warning if it appears

Filter for browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone

Change this to False.

In most cases your AV will still scan the file but will be polite enough to wait until the download is done rather the getting a head of the game.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
moltres_rider

Post by moltres_rider »

LoudNoise wrote:In the address bar type about:config

Click through the overly cute warning if it appears

Filter for browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone

Change this to False.

In most cases your AV will still scan the file but will be polite enough to wait until the download is done rather the getting a head of the game.

DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SCANNING FOR VIRUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY DOWNLOADS ARE ENDING PREMATURELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID NOT READ A WORD I TYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

moltres_rider wrote:DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SCANNING FOR VIRUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY DOWNLOADS ARE ENDING PREMATURELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID NOT READ A WORD I TYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shut up, FOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u r n idt.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Post by Guest »

LN here
"for example a download will stop at 57% and scan for viruses"

Yes I did. Either settle down or you will get a vacation once I get back from work.