Windows 8 + Firefox (Aurora) font rendering bug.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
avada

Windows 8 + Firefox (Aurora) font rendering bug.

Post by avada »

Hello!

I tried recently moved to Windows 8. What I immediately noticed is that when typing text in textfield for forums the the font rendering is weird. It looks like that hinting and/or anit-aliasing is changing dynamically as I type. Very weird looking and ugly.

While I was typing this post checked out this thread. And it seems like searching is broken too. searched for "font" tried highlighting and ctr+g scrolled a bit and the page started changing the zoom level for the ctrl+g shortcut. Extra weird...

Both happened with clean profiles too...

Edit:
Also the zoom level doesn't go back to normal when I press ctrl+0. End when I tried closing the mozillazine tabs the tab with thread 2570867 didn't close because ctrl+w started doing the same weird zoom bug.
Grantius

Re: Windows 8 + Firefox (Aurora) font rendering bug.

Post by Grantius »

avada wrote:Hello!

I tried recently moved to Windows 8. What I immediately noticed is that when typing text in textfield for forums the the font rendering is weird. It looks like that hinting and/or anit-aliasing is changing dynamically as I type. Very weird looking and ugly.

While I was typing this post checked out this thread. And it seems like searching is broken too. searched for "font" tried highlighting and ctr+g scrolled a bit and the page started changing the zoom level for the ctrl+g shortcut. Extra weird...

Edit:
Also the zoom level doesn't go back to normal when I press ctrl+0. End when I tried closing the mozillazine tabs the tab with thread 2570867 didn't close because ctrl+w started doing the same weird zoom bug.

Hey is this still happening for you? It's since be fixed for me.
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
avada

Re: Windows 8 + Firefox (Aurora) font rendering bug.

Post by avada »

Grantius wrote:
avada wrote:Hello!

Edit:

Hey is this still happening for you? It's since be fixed for me.

It seems so. In the past day or two I didn't notice it. Cool.