Flash crashing CONSTANTLY - unusable at this point

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Alfred001

Flash crashing CONSTANTLY - unusable at this point

Post by Alfred001 »

I really cannot understand why this issue has not been fixed. Version after version of FFox and Flash this doesn't get fixed. How can ANY other issue or feature be considered before this is sorted out. Every internet user uses at least youtube with great regularity, so how has this issue, after sooo many months not been dealt with?
DanRaisch

Re: Flash crashing CONSTANTLY - unusable at this point

Post by DanRaisch »

Talk to Adobe. They've admitted that they messed up on recent updates to Flash. See this thread -- viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2562701
Alfred001

Post by Alfred001 »

I have a different issue than the fella in that thread. With me what happens is that firefox freezes for 10ish seconds (when using flash) and then unfreezes with the message that flash has crashed.

You say Adobe has admitted they messed up recent updates - this is more than recent, this is going back months and months (possibly even more than a year) that I've had this problem.

I don't have it on Chrome or IExporer. Is this a problem with Falsh or with FFox? Should I be complaining at Adobe?

Is there any time frame as to when this might get fixed? As I said this has been going on for months upon months, so it is incredible to me that they (whoever "they" are in this case) have not fixed this since it is one of the most frequently used features - I'm sure 90% of FFox users use youtube every day.
waltdisneypixar

Post by waltdisneypixar »

Alfred001 wrote:I have a different issue than the fella in that thread. With me what happens is that firefox freezes for 10ish seconds (when using flash) and then unfreezes with the message that flash has crashed.

You say Adobe has admitted they messed up recent updates - this is more than recent, this is going back months and months (possibly even more than a year) that I've had this problem.

I don't have it on Chrome or IExporer. Is this a problem with Falsh or with FFox? Should I be complaining at Adobe?

Is there any time frame as to when this might get fixed? As I said this has been going on for months upon months, so it is incredible to me that they (whoever "they" are in this case) have not fixed this since it is one of the most frequently used features - I'm sure 90% of FFox users use youtube every day.

i'm with you.
FFman

Post by FFman »

Yep, I can't understand either why this hasn't been fixed. viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2570675
It is so important and the fact that it wasn't fixed ages ago tells me that there is a lot more to this than is being reported.
There is a reason but they (whoever they are) aren't telling us.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Have you actually read anything? Or is your tinfoil hat just in need of an airing :-k
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
FFman

Post by FFman »

malliz wrote:Have you actually read anything? Or is your tinfoil hat just in need of an airing :-k
Is that comment aimed at me?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Could be... you will figure it out eventually
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
FFman

Post by FFman »

malliz wrote:Could be... you will figure it out eventually
Then I'll treat it with the contempt it deserves. I've read dozens of threads on this subject.
Pray tell us then, O enlightened one, what is the reason the problem hasn't been solved?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

You may have read dozens of threads but you obviously have not taken on board the fact that it is Adobes fault pure and simple. Would you like me to give you the bug numbers where Adobe were told they would be creating problems well before they unleashed the giant mess they seem unable to fix? Get off the conspiracy theory bandwagon and people may take you a tad more seriously
"Terry Pratchett"
FFman

Post by FFman »

I did not intentionally want to create a conspiracy theory.
If Adobe know it's their problem then why aren't they doing something about it? That's all I'm asking.
Last edited by FFman on October 23rd, 2012, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

I would suggest the Adobe forums then. I doubt you will get much more than the usual run around though
http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer
"Terry Pratchett"
Alfred001

Post by Alfred001 »

malliz, you seem to be familiar with this issue, can you tell us what the usual run around that you speak of is? Why has this not been fixed? Is there any idea when it might get fixed?

There seem to be, from skimming through some other threads, multiple possible solutions to this that seem to work for some folks and not for others. Some I've seen are "try using v10.3 or 11.2 of flash" or "FFox 14" is there anything else I should try?
FFman

Post by FFman »

FYI: I have no problem using the latest Flash version and Firefox 14.0.1 under Windows 7.
EDIT:
I've installed FF 16.0.1 (Hardware Acceleration turned on) on my netbook running Windows XP and the latest Flash version works without crashing .
I've now installed 16.0.1 on my Windows 7 PC and will use either IE9 or Chrome if I want to watch a Youtube video.
EDIT:
I've yet again gone back to Firefox 14.0.1 on my Windows 7 PC. Too many hangs and slowdowns on 16.0.1 whenever there's Flash on a webpage.
Last edited by FFman on October 21st, 2012, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
btb26153

Post by btb26153 »

i just registered and came in here to look and see what can i do to fix this and what alfred said in his second post about dealing with this for months is what i am experiencing on various websites and not just you tube. i can't even go through a page on ff help without getting a crash report that says "flash player 11.4r402 has stopped working". and it has been months and i can't update anything more from adobe, i can't change or install/update/uninstall anything more from adobe or from ff to fix this.

i can useie and no issues, chrome for some reason i get a flippy screen but it all works and because of a couple of stupid games i play i prefer ff but the screen freezing has now put me at my wits end.