Firefox, Windows 8 & Flash Plugin

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Firefox, Windows 8 & Flash Plugin

Post by Guest »

I have been unable to get the Adobe Flash plugin to work in any version on Firefox on Windows 8. I am currently running Firefox version 17.0, Adobe Flash version 11.5.500.104 and Windows 8 64bit Enterprise. I have both the 32bit and 64bit plugins installed, although the 32bit version is listed as "Adobe Flash Player 11" and the 64bit version is listed as "Adobe Flash Player 11 64bit". In looking at the Firefox plugins and extensions list the Flash plugin is not on the list. Previously on Windows 7 this has always "just worked" so I'm baffled as to why this is failing. Any help would be appreciated.
James

Re: Firefox, Windows 8 & Flash Plugin

Post by James »

You have the 32-bit Firefox so you need a 32-bit version of Flash. Also there is one for IE (ActiveX) and one for pretty much every other modern browser.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Guest wrote:I have been unable to get the Adobe Flash plugin to work in any version on Firefox on Windows 8. I am currently running Firefox version 17.0, Adobe Flash version 11.5.500.104 and Windows 8 64bit Enterprise. I have both the 32bit and 64bit plugins installed, although the 32bit version is listed as "Adobe Flash Player 11" and the 64bit version is listed as "Adobe Flash Player 11 64bit". In looking at the Firefox plugins and extensions list the Flash plugin is not on the list. Previously on Windows 7 this has always "just worked" so I'm baffled as to why this is failing. Any help would be appreciated.

Try copying those plugins into the the plugins folder in the Firefox program directory.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2

Post by Guest »

I suspected that I'm missing the 32bit plugin. The problem is finding the plugin. Adobe does not seem to post one labeled as 32bit. On a 32bit OS the right, 32bit version is downloaded. On a 64bit OS it detects and downloads the 64bit version even though you're running a 32bit browser -- not helpful at all. Any tip or link on where I can get the 32bit plugin???
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

If you downloaded the correct one > 11.3.375.10 AFAIK you should have both on Win8

Check here > http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln

Post by Guest »

Yea, I believe that I have the 32bit plugin installed. The item in "Programs and Features" in the control panel lists "Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin". This is the same title that I see on 32bit Windows 7 OS. This looks like an Adobe / Firefox compatibility problem on Windows 8. Is anyone else using 64bit Windows 8 and Firefox???
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

There is some discussion in the builds forum viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2304983

I recall seeing success with installing and running it but only in Windows Classic mode and NOT in Metro. I'm sure it still needs some work
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln