[ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mr-4

Re: [ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Post by mr-4 »

I've posted a review on the plugin page, but thought to post this here as well:

"Capture multiple URLs" doesn't have a "depth" field so that I could specify the links dept I want it to go when capturing multiple pages.

It would be VERY useful feature to have as, for example, when I wish to capture multiple pages, like:

http://someurl.com/contents.html?page=1
http://someurl.com/contents.html?page=2
http://someurl.com/contents.html?page=10

If I would like to capture specific links on these pages (and for which I could use the filter option), as things stand right now I am unable to do that, but I have to load each individual page in the browser and then use "Capture Page As", which is VERY slow - I'd rather use the Capture Multiple URLs function with an added option to specify the depth of the links I wish the capture to go to.

Apart from the above, everything else seems spot on. Would it be possible for a links "depth" field/option to be added on the "Capture multiple URLs" menu?
pneumatic

Post by pneumatic »

@haselnuss:

First of all, thank you very much for creating and maintaining ScrapBook Plus. It's the only reason that keeps me using Firefox all these years.

One problem with the latest version of Firefox (14.0.1) on a Mac (OS X 10.7.4) is that the DOM Eraser in ScrapBook Plus (v 1.8.22.38) lost it's red-border highlight when activated. This makes it quite difficult to erase the exact sections/spots on web pages. Is there something we could do to fix the issue or would it be addressed in the next update/release?

Thank you again!
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

Thank you for posting this error. The issue will be fixed in the next release.
Sensimilla

Post by Sensimilla »

@haselnuss

Thx, for addon. I use it every day. I read that you create new version from scratch, so maybe you can add in it functionaliry of saving anyhow page title text in the folder. It's very bad now, because win7 (system) search can't handle html titles. But it search very good in body.
May be add option to replace index.dat wtih %page title%.dat
or
create relative link
or
add after ID, like %id% - %page title%
or
just dummy file with page title.
I think that the most effective is rename "index.html" to "index - %page title%.html" (if could allow back compatibility) or the most good solution is %page title%.html" especially, if also will be implemented suggestion bellow.

Also, I noticed that win7 search can search in html tags, look in screen shot Image so may be add in sb+2 function to edit them before save? And also handle them next in SB+2, for me it's not nessacary. It's a simple, just edit this section Image of html in dialog, before saving.

If this 2 features will be implemented, it will absolute kill advantage of big brother Evernote. And even give more power to user, because this soft cannot into highlighting. But for me, it's fundamental thing in handling information.

P.S. It's really awesome to have one search for all "Information Soft". For me it's OneNote & ScrapBook+. But with lack of search in page titles, i miss 30% of results.
redihokuto

Post by redihokuto »

Hello,

thank you for this great tool! I literally use it every day. I would like a small feature that could save time:
- when a partion of a web page is saved the item gets a title automatically.
Most of the time is corret, but sometimes it is not. Then I open the saved item from SB+ sidebar and I would like to have a shortcut to rename the item with the current selection (instead of copy the selected text from the page, open properties sheet right-clicking the SB+ item and paste in the new title).

Thanks again!
pg111

Post by pg111 »

redihokuto wrote:Hello,

thank you for this great tool! I literally use it every day. I would like a small feature that could save time:
- when a partion of a web page is saved the item gets a title automatically.
Most of the time is corret, but sometimes it is not. Then I open the saved item from SB+ sidebar and I would like to have a shortcut to rename the item with the current selection (instead of copy the selected text from the page, open properties sheet right-clicking the SB+ item and paste in the new title).

Thanks again!

Heartily seconded!

Cheers.

PG
Cheers.

Patrick
VitaR

Post by VitaR »

About a two month ago my SB+ on FF Beta had lost the red highlighting of DOM Eraser mode :(
Original SB still works fine.
Anybody got the same? What workarounds?
misty962

Post by misty962 »

Scrapbook Plus is a great extension. Just wondering if there is a way to get the DOM eraser to erase just the link without also erasing the word(s). When a link is part of a sentence, it's nice to keep the sentence intact (minus the click-ability).
No matter what, this extension is greatly appreciated.
hollander

Post by hollander »

Thank you for so generously providing this extremely handy utility to the world :D

If I may ask: why are the folders expanding automatically when I activate SB+ in the side bar? To be honest, this is extremely annoying (there's many links in every folder, now I have to close the folders manually first every time. A lot of unneccessary action, which causes RSI on the side). Either I am doing something wrong (can not be ruled out :mrgreen: ) or this is by design. If the latter, would you please implement a fix to prevent this? I'd be in your debt for that.

Thank you once again for this great utility,

Bye,
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

When you open your sidebar, the second folder (with the green double arrow) in the menu bar controls the opening (or not) of folders in the visible directory. Try toggling it.
Cheers,
Keith
hollander

Post by hollander »

keithy397 wrote:When you open your sidebar, the second folder (with the green double arrow) in the menu bar controls the opening (or not) of folders in the visible directory. Try toggling it.

Thanks for this help, Keith; appreciated :D

As a workaround it saves a lot of clicking, but perhaps the developer could still fix the current feature (joke, 'this is not a bug, its a feature' :mrgreen: )
a009

Post by a009 »

Feature request:
If "Multi-Scrapbook" is enabled and you do a search, not only the currently active scrapbook is queried, but also all the others.
VitaR

Post by VitaR »

Another FReq (and IMO very useful too):
If Multi-Scrapbook is enabled add in the context menu one more (top) level with ALL (configured) scrapbooks instead of current one only.
fuxx

Post by fuxx »

does not save images when used from FF 64 bit :-(
Sergey
oldschooltwentysix

Post by oldschooltwentysix »

How again does one disable the "edit Bar" at the bottom? Thanks!