Crossriderapp - Should it be deleted?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Flycaster

Crossriderapp - Should it be deleted?

Post by Flycaster »

Running Adwcleaner, and not disabling FF scan, many files came up with "crossriderapp" as part of the pathway with in User_pref. I have no idea why Crossrider is there and should it, or can I, delete those files without harming anything?
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
JayhawksRock

Re: Crossriderapp - Should it be deleted?

Post by JayhawksRock »

If they are in user.js file, the file and any prefs in there do not exist in Firefox by default. ... thats where Malware places it prefs that remain persistant. I would delete or rename the files or their folder and see if that has any negative effect.

Its nasty if the app was this https://encrypted.google.com/search?num ... lN1iJ7IeCo Probably installed in Windows Programs
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Looks like monetization toolbar crapware. Most likely came as a deadhead of a recent freeware install.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
gottabesomebodyelse

Post by gottabesomebodyelse »

Google-it or just run a file scan, for "crossriderapp" >> start studying. Its one of the things you need to learn you have to do when you start adding programs and otherwise. No Offense meant>Just reality, Gottabe :wink:
Edit: Just posted and saw the new interceding Loudnoise post, that is a very good observation that I support. =D>
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Go away diligent.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."