flaneurb

"social" in about:config

Post by flaneurb »

I see these entries (all default) when I search for "social":

Code: Select all

social.activation.whitelist;h t t p s ://www.facebook.com
social.active;false
social.enabled;false
social.manifest.facebook;{"origin":"h t t p s ://www.facebook.com","name":"Facebook Messenger","workerURL":"h  t t p s://www.facebook.com/desktop/fbdesktop2/socialfox/fbworker.js.php","iconURL":"d a t a :image/x-icon;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABAAAAAQCAYAAAAf8%2F9hAAAAX0lEQVQ4jWP4 %2F%2F8%2FAyUYTFhHzjgDxP9JxGeQDSBVMxgTbUBCxer%2Fr999%2BQ8DJBuArJksA9A10s8AXIB oA0B%2BR%2FY%2FjD%2BEwoBoA1yT5v3PbdmCE8MAshhID%2FUMoDgzUYIBj0Cgi7ar4coAAAAAS UVORK5CYII%3D","sidebarURL":"https://www.facebook.com/desktop/fbdesktop2/?socialfox=true"}
social.sidebar.open;true
social.sidebar.unload_timeout_ms;10000
social.toast-notifications.enabled;true

What does the last one mean? And if the second and third entries are set to false, why is the toast one true?
Last edited by flaneurb on November 21st, 2012, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWierso

Re: "social" in about:config

Post by KWierso »

Second and third override all others. Last one means that when someone posts something to your Facebook wall (or sends you a message on Facebook or something) ((assuming #2 and #3 are active, at least)), you'll see a notification in the corner of the screen, similar to the "All downloads have finished" message when all of your downloads complete.

EDIT: Actually, I think only the third one overrides everything. "enabled" controls the entire feature, "active" I think just means you're actually signed into the feature.
flaneurb

Post by flaneurb »

KWierso wrote:Second and third override all others. Last one means that when someone posts something to your Facebook wall (or sends you a message on Facebook or something) ((assuming #2 and #3 are active, at least)), you'll see a notification in the corner of the screen, similar to the "All downloads have finished" message when all of your downloads complete.

EDIT: Actually, I think only the third one overrides everything. "enabled" controls the entire feature, "active" I think just means you're actually signed into the feature.

Okay and thanks for replying.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Enabling or Disabling the Sidebar sets social:enable.

There should be a "Remove from Firefox" menu item under the Facebook icon that sets social:activate.

At least that is what my investigation of the feature in Firefox Beta showed.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... t0uU-pWLMw
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5